May 04, 2024, 03:41:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Need more rod stuff  (Read 17650 times)
panthershaun

« on: November 12, 2006, 11:12:39 PM »

Come on guys, I need some rod stuff!!!!!

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:33:35 AM »

There's gotta be a dirty joke in there somewhere -but you're right. Not enough hotrod info.
Mr Brock? Got anything for us?
I've got half a Sherpa van sat in my lockup which needs ripping apart to provide the nice period looking front beam axle & rear axle plus steering box for my rod. Anyone want to come round with a big disc cutter & spend an afternoon chopping it up?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
panthershaun

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:38:05 AM »

Coo  Shocked a roadster Sherpa, pretty rare those Tongue

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 10:43:37 AM »

It was the only way it'd fit in the lock up!  Cheesy

panthershaun

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:10:15 PM »

Just contacted the guy with the Sherpa front axle to see if I can pick it up.
Got a list of other things I will be looking for.
Sherpa rear axle,
Land Rover steering box,
16" steel wheels,
I have found an old Pop sitting in brambles near me, I am currently trying to find the owner and see if its for sale, would make a good base for a pick up, RatRod stylie.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 11:10:03 PM »

I've got a logbook for a '58 Pop.
I picked up a set of black taxi cab steel wheels for mine from the Winter NSRA swapmeet last year. 10 quid each. Can't remember what size standard Sherpa wheels are but mine will be going spare.

panthershaun

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 07:55:35 AM »

I've got a logbook for a '58 Pop.

Grin Grin Grin Wink

I picked up a set of black taxi cab steel wheels for mine from the Winter NSRA swapmeet last year. 10 quid each. Can't remember what size standard Sherpa wheels are but mine will be going spare.

I think they ae 14" which is a little small, but I may still take you up on that as they will do until I find 16" wheels.

I'm all a dither now!!!!! Kiss

panthershaun

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 08:27:19 AM »

Do I get the feeling that I may have prompted a renewed interest in your Rod build Wink

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 03:23:24 PM »

Grin
The interest never went away. I've always loved old time rods & fancied one of my own but not had the facilities or knowledge to build one. I was at a drag race meet at Avon Park last year -or may even have been the year before, when the bodyshell came up for sale, so I grabbed it. It's currently taking up a large chunk of my brother's workshop space, while the donor engine's sat outside. Flap & I had a day trip to Cardiff last Winter to collect the Sherpa -a 100 quid Ebay buy. It seemed the cheapest way of getting the bits I need, but has been sat in my lock up ever since while I try & figure out a way of disposing of the rest.
Ska Man needs his garage back soon so I have to get my trike frame finished & outta there -which means the van needs to go so I can use the lockup for the trike build. Complicated huh!
Bits are just picked up as & when I can afford them. I bought a brand new Morris Oxford speedo & a pair of Austin Chummy seat frames at the Brooklands autojumble back in the Summer, which will make great bomber style rod seats once they're powdercoated metallic silver. I'm relying on my brother Brock for the technical expertise on this one. I trust his taste & would happily give him a free hand to design & build whatever he felt like, but obviously want to build as much as possible myself. I'd like to see it done over this Winter, ready for the new drag race season, but Brock's already kinda busy building his new race car & transporter & I've got a trike to build!

panthershaun

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 07:26:08 PM »

Nice seats Grin why not trailer the remains of the van to the scrappy, get them to cut off the axles and trailer those bits home.
Always thought it was beyond me to build a Rod, but what the f*&k I'm going to give it a go.
Want mine to be a lowish pickup, fenderless or at least fitted with cycle guards, matt black (of course) and a hard top so that I can use it as my daily driver Roll Eyes
Spotted a nice Morris 8 on eVil bay but can't think how to get it back from Derbyshire, also know where an old Pop is sitting amongst the brambles near me, hope I can wresstle that off the owner, Of coure I'm going to restore it !!! Embarrassed, would like to do it this winter, but I also want to build the Panther trike before the Dragon rally in Feb if I can find a "Cheap" frame builder to help me with the rear subframe, also need to finish my Indian, Panther trials and rebuild my BSA Roll Eyes plus the Landie needs work for its MOT next week. All this needs to be done but I'm currently working double shifts at the PO as the missus is unemployed and I'm trying to build up the mag as well Undecided Undecided HELP!!!!!!!! Cry
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 07:30:28 PM by panthershaun » Logged

panthershaun

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 08:28:48 PM »

Here's a Pop pickup I found, not for sale sadly.......

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 10:08:06 PM »

Now that I really like!

Been looking at this thread thinking, yes I can see it's good but it doesn't appeal to me......

Till I saw that pickup, I'd love to own that!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 10:44:13 PM »

Yep, I like that too.
I can't see any way of registering my build for the road, so think it's going to end up as purely a track toy, which is a real shame. Very tempted to buy an old Brit motor, along the lines of Janie & Dave's Consul & drop the Jag motor in that instead. At least that way it'd be useable as a daily driver, but I do really fancy the rod. Anyone got something like that Pop pickup they fancy swapping for my rod bits?!

panthershaun

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »

pm'd you Andy Wink. Mine has got to be a daily driver pickup, needs a roof and locking doors so that I can park it and leave it. can't be too low as I need to be able to get over speed humps and curb's.
I would love that Pop pickup but it needs a roof chop and lowering at the front and painting matt black Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »

You & I think along very similar lines Sir.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: