May 21, 2024, 01:24:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of Transport 12th May 2013  (Read 79441 times)
Blackpig

« on: January 09, 2013, 07:41:56 PM »

It seems our leader is being a bit slow this year, so I am going to start the ball rolling, who else is coming?

Manky - Pop (under it's own steam)
Brock - T.B.A
Black Pig - Humber Hawk
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:27:29 PM by Blackpig » Logged
tbone

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »

Do we have a date for the show?

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Olds

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:04:20 PM »

yes it's the 12th of May.
Will be going - Trike

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Chevy Rick

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »

Hi Lesley will this be your first event with the Humber Hawk will be good to see it, never many of these about???
Blackpig

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:26:13 PM »

Sorry I put it on the events calendar and assumed it would include the date.

2nd show Rick, we took it to Pickets Piece 2 years ago, hoping to drive it more this year.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 09:14:24 PM »

Hi Les.  Wink
Yup, one way or another, we'll be there as usual. Haven't received the entry form yet, but we always seem to be allocated the same size pitch in the same position every year. So if you've been before, we'll probably be in the same spot again. This year we're gonna get organised!
Every year I say I'd love to put a bit more pizazz into our display, but I'm not really sure how -maybe raise a couple of the bikes or trikes up on plinths of some kind or better information displays with each vehicle. A more organised parking arrangement for the displays would be good, (we often have vehicles that have to leave early, meaning we're left with big holes in our line-up, so maybe this time we insist people stay until the 5.0.clock official finish time?) Don't know, but open to suggestions.
We also need a better way to display the website banners. The metal poles we used last year were discarded in my move from Taz's cottage a few weeks ago. I'd love to have 2 life size monkeys, sitting on the ground either side of the pitch, holding the banners in open arms. Anyone got any ideas for doing that? Or maybe strung between "palm trees"? We've got a couple of months, so get thinking people.

I'm sure some of the chaps from Loony's workshop will bring projects along. I'll throw in my XS650 Yam chop too.

Manky - Ford Pop pick-up, (under it's own steam at last!)
            Yamaha XS650 chop project
Brock - T.B.A
Black Pig - Humber Hawk

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 07:22:47 AM »

Brock - T.B.A
Black Pig - Humber Hawk
Doc - Suzuki GS850 "Twisted Patience" (Subject to getting permission from SWMBO)

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Olds

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 07:47:12 AM »

Brock - T.B.A
Black Pig - Humber Hawk
Doc - Suzuki GS850 "Twisted Patience" (Subject to getting permission from SWMBO)
Old  - Reliant trike 'Deliverance'

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »

Brock - T.B.A
Black Pig - Humber Hawk
Old  - Reliant trike 'Deliverance'
BikerGran - GT550 trike 'Gertie' (I hope)

maybe raise a couple of the bikes or trikes up on plinths of some kind
- what about car ramps to run the front end of trikes up?

better information displays with each vehicle
- if we started now, and people sent me the info about their vehicles, I wouldn't mind typing up the info on sheets with the Manky logo at the top, then I could bring them along on the day, or even email them to you or someone in case I don't get there.

Or maybe strung between "palm trees"?
Damn, I just dumped a couple of 'carpet roll' type thingies that my new blinds came in, would have made great palm trees - problem to transport though.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:25:29 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »

Brock - T.B.A
Black Pig - Humber Hawk
Old  - Reliant trike 'Deliverance'
BikerGran - GT550 trike 'Gertie' (I hope)
TrikerPete - Reliant Trike "Grandpa's Toy" & maybe something else Cool

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »

Yeah, I was wondering about raising a couple of vehicles up just to add some variety to the display, rather than just parking in rows. If we did it just for motorcycles, it wouldn't take a lot to knock up a wooden frame topped with a sheet of ply or thin MDF, maybe a foot off the ground. Bikes could be physically lifted that high between a couple of us. Just trying to think of ways of adding a bit more visual impact.
The guy who prints our merchandise can print banners & posters, so maybe just a slightly larger version of the A4 info sheets we've used in the past. Could include a photo of the owner, or the vehicle being ridden/driven? Would be nice to have a bit more info than just "I built it" this time too!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 08:07:55 PM »

I would say - from experience - that there's a danger in putting bikes up on a plinth.  Unless you find some way of securing them VERY firmly, when some idiot member of the public knocks them off and damages either the bike, the vehicle next to it, or themselves - where's your public liability insurance?  Many shows insist that all exhibitors have their own - is there nothing about it on the entry form?  

It's VERY expensive!  Trying to sort some out for our club at present, even getting it through MAG it's £198 (that's for a year not a single evnt, but still.....)

Trikes or 4-wheelers are less likely to topple.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 08:11:23 PM »

The guy who prints our merchandise can print banners & posters, so maybe just a slightly larger version of the A4 info sheets we've used in the past. Could include a photo of the owner, or the vehicle being ridden/driven? Would be nice to have a bit more info than just "I built it" this time too!

That's why it needs to be typed up ahead.  I think it would be a bit pricy getting them printed as each would be a one-off.

Did we have bunting last year or did I imagine that?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »

Your overactive imagination Bobbi!
Just throwing ideas out there.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »

Well bunting is not an impossibility - I have a sewing machine!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: