May 15, 2024, 12:35:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring types  (Read 1950 times)
RODeo

« on: June 27, 2011, 04:36:57 AM »

After looking at the wotsits rebuild on wiring,reminded me....Ive just got some cable from VWP that is really thin and is apparently used on new car looms nowadays . It is very easy to 'fish' through the frame and bars. To be honest it is so thin that I just couldnt believe it would take the 11 amps its rated at. They do various gauges for higher amps and loads of colours.
    Perhaps this is something bikes use already?
         Rod
tbone

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 03:34:40 PM »

Is it the thin wall stuff?
Thin wall cable has been around for a while now, I have yet to use it, purely `cos it was a fair bit dearer than `normal` cable.
As the name suggests, the difference is in the wall rather than the wire, the wall being half the thickness it used to be, but gives improved protection and insulation due to chemical changes in the plastic used.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
WAYNE999

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:27:41 PM »

the stuff i bought for wotsit is thinwall and rated at 16amp i got 10 5 metre lengths all different colours for 15 quid we'll see if it melts when we get it running Cheesy

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
RODeo

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:13:53 AM »

tb.....Yes youre right,but apparently it will also take more amps than a similar size cable.
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 11:28:49 PM »

tb.....Yes youre right,but apparently it will also take more amps than a similar size cable.

The thinner wall will mean the cable will release any heat build up more quickly.  Wink

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: