May 06, 2024, 11:42:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 63
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's Trike project :)  (Read 184737 times)
tazet
« Reply #405 on: April 03, 2008, 06:47:35 PM »

Right cut the rivets off the diff that hold the tube on. Hopefully Manky can take it in to the tech tomorrow to have the tubes pressed out so we can shorten them. That's what the arrow is for so we know where it was  Grin I also removed the rest of the innards in the dif.
texon

« Reply #406 on: April 04, 2008, 02:34:33 AM »

Wandering through the workshop & out into the back garden was a revelation. The place is literally stuffed to the rafters with engines, frames, wheels, piles of shocks, clocks, forks -you name it & Ron's probably got 6 of 'em.
A couple of nice little hardtails.
I was working with Ron some years ago and fell over in his back yard I got lost for a week then I bumped into three japs who were still figting the second world war they showed me the way out  Grin 
tazet
« Reply #407 on: April 04, 2008, 07:27:53 AM »

Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #408 on: April 04, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »

Grin Hiya Tex.

I called in on Saddlebags this afternoon. Haven't seen him for ages. He's recently passed his bike test & bought a ...GPZ I think. Says his Vauxhall Chevette trike isn't likely to see the roads this Summer so he wanted some wheels for the shows.
Anyway, he's gonna call at my lock up next week & measure up for a stainless exhaust mainfold flange for my trike. Main reason for calling in though was to drop off Taz's trike axle. SaddleBags & his boss, Doug, (a member of The Guzzlers car club), are gonna press the axle tubes out of the diff housing, shorten them & press them back in for us. Top chaps.  Smiley 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
gpz

« Reply #409 on: April 08, 2008, 06:54:39 PM »

hiya manky what is that u have used to mark the end off the axle with ?do u weld brakets both sides off the axle to stop it turning or is one side enough 
shabby

« Reply #410 on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:55 PM »

Wandering through the workshop & out into the back garden was a revelation. The place is literally stuffed to the rafters with engines, frames, wheels, piles of shocks, clocks, forks -you name it & Ron's probably got 6 of 'em.
A couple of nice little hardtails.
I was working with Ron some years ago and fell over in his back yard I got lost for a week then I bumped into three japs who were still figting the second world war they showed me the way out  Grin 

its a case of thank god for sat-nav when you go to our rons lol

TIDY
tazet
« Reply #411 on: April 08, 2008, 08:06:53 PM »

Yey one I can answer.
We used a Tippex pen to mark it  Grin and once it has been cut down to size it will be re-slotted into the diff and bolted in place. Then once we have decided on the frame, we weld sticky out tab thingies on to the axle and the frame and bolt both together to stop the axle turning.

You are right Shabby. Good advice  Grin
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:11:24 PM by tazet » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #412 on: April 08, 2008, 10:36:43 PM »

When we start on Taz's trike frame, I might try tying the axle by bolting the diff to a locating tab on the frame.

brock

« Reply #413 on: April 08, 2008, 11:11:34 PM »

what we racer types call an anti rotation device as specified in SFI regs, you been looking at my chassis ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #414 on: April 09, 2008, 03:47:32 AM »

No, but I will.  Wink

blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #415 on: April 09, 2008, 07:12:18 PM »

i think tab thigies sounds more technical anyways
tazet
« Reply #416 on: April 09, 2008, 09:06:50 PM »

Grin
tazet
« Reply #417 on: April 09, 2008, 09:42:59 PM »

I got another part today for my trike. A pair of Callipers from fleabay. Very kindly spotted by Mousy Boy, (thank you again Mouse, I've applauded you accordingly  Wink). 30 quid a pair. Anyway they need a bit of a clean but look rust free. We were a bit greedy and actually got 2 sets as Manky might change his.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:30:04 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #418 on: April 09, 2008, 09:43:30 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #419 on: April 10, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »

I've still got the remains of the caliper repair kit I bought for my own brakes so we can check Taz's new ones over & rebuild them if necessary, but they look pretty good.
Meanwhile, I've taken the back axle along to SaddleBags workshop & his boss, Doug, has pressed the axle tubes out of the ally diff housing for us. Next step is to cut the tubes down by 4 inches, turn the ends again & press them back in. Should be sorted by tomorrow. We've learnt by our mistakes- when Flap & I narrowed his axle, we just hacksawed the end off the tube & had it pressed back in -then watched in horror as it split the aluminium casing. What we didn't realise was the end of the axle tube is machined very slightly to ensure a good fit, so is a marginally smaller diameter than the rest of the tube.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 63
  Print  

Jump to: