May 04, 2024, 08:59:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48
  Print  
Author Topic: Deliverance  (Read 239089 times)
WAYNE999

« Reply #360 on: May 17, 2013, 06:13:17 AM »

At least you have the know-how to fit tyres yourself Dave. Never fitted one in my life.
Ooh you've not  lived.All the swearing,the throwing of tyre levers then the nipping of the inner tube between the levers and the rim then having to do it all over again

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
fifer

« Reply #361 on: May 17, 2013, 06:28:29 AM »

At least you have the know-how to fit tyres yourself Dave. Never fitted one in my life.
Ooh you've not  lived.All the swearing,the throwing of tyre levers then the nipping of the inner tube between the levers and the rim then having to do it all over again
Aye , but then you get older and wiser and inflate the inner tube before fitting the second bead  Grin Grin.

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
Olds

« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2013, 07:11:35 AM »

Grin
I have NEVER fitted a tubed motorcycle tyre using tyre levers. They are only for removing the tyre.
If you ensure that the bead is in the well as it is fitted, the last section can be persuaded on by foot (wear stout shoes)
Lubricate well using French chalk (talc) of if desperate a little washing up liquid.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Olds

« Reply #363 on: May 17, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »

Things were going too well. Took the trike out this morning and when I got back noticed a strong smell of fuel. Carb was dripping petrol down onto the alternator (and my left leg) Angry No it wasn't coming from the overflow/vent. It was the feed pipe from the bottom of the float bowl.
The rubber gland had started to disintegrate (ethanol ?)
Have temporarily made a new one from a small grommet, which will probably dissolve so I will have to find a new one.
Moss do them for 80p.
I expect I will have quite a few little problems till things settle down. Just glad this one didn't catch fire Smiley
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:44:37 PM by Old Newbie » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2013, 08:06:37 PM »

I'm having problems with constantly sticking floats in my truck's carb. Chatted to Miles at Jackhammer rod parts shop the other day & he said several customers have reported the same. He suggested the new Ethanol mix in fuel was to blame too & that maybe a lead additive in the fuel would help lubricate things.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #365 on: May 20, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »

The new V5c arrived today  Grin despite the fact that Post Office tracking shows the old one still hasn't been delivered to DVLA (wonder if I can get my £1.70 back Wink )
All the numbers etc. on it are correct this time, but it still hasn't got Deliverance as the model (not that fussed) and have noticed that the revenue weight is 280 kg. This is the figure I came up with, confirmed by VOSA but 40 kg lower than the weighbridge figure (lot of chalk on the plate, it's a quarry!). If they are not going to use the weighbridge figure why did I have to get the trike there, get it weighed and pay for it ?
Never mind It's all done now. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:29:35 AM by Old Newbie » Logged

hunter

« Reply #366 on: May 20, 2013, 11:46:21 AM »

So result at last,
If we get a summer you'll have plenty of fun riding it.

I
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »

Don't try & understand DVLA logic Dave. It's like Royal Mail logic -bears no relation to the real world at all. Just enjoy your labours.

Olds

« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2013, 06:49:32 PM »

If we get a summer you'll have plenty of fun riding it.
So far it's been out almost as much in the rain as when it's dry. Why am I always busy on nice days
  I prefer not to get wet, but at least an off is less likely Grin
Just enjoy your labours.
I am  Grin

Olds

« Reply #369 on: May 25, 2013, 05:24:45 PM »

Had a lucky day Undecided
New choke lever arrived, so after a nice trip out on the trike in the sun, to get a cable, I started to fit it. Unfortunately our cat decided to watch and when I stepped back and trod on his tail, things started to go wrong. Afore said cat hissed, spat and clawed, I tripped over and smacked my knee hard against the air filter. The filter mounting got bent and the manifold adaptor, broke at the weld between the steel tube and the iron elbow.
Was this lucky?  I was at home where I could fix things and not at the side of the road.
The cat by the way is fine. At least until I catch him.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:31:21 PM by Old Newbie » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2013, 07:42:11 PM »

The cat by the way is fine. At least until I catch him.

Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #371 on: May 25, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »

Shouldn't laugh, but that's funny!

spanners

« Reply #372 on: May 25, 2013, 09:05:09 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy CUCKIN FAT  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Olds

« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2013, 04:48:12 AM »

Went for a ride yesterday and performance started to drop off. Ignition felt retarded.
When I pulled off the distributor cap I noticed small specs of blue inside. The heel of the points are wearing at an incredible rate, yes the points cam is smooth and the felt pad is oiled.
The points are the ones that came with the engine. They looked new ( just like the pistons, valves etc.) so I left them in.
I know there are some dodgy points sets out there, so today will look for some of better quality and maybe look into electronic for the future.
One day I will ride the thing and not find another problem  Cheesy

Olds

« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »

Needed a small tool/storage box, the pickup is great for moving stuff but crap at keeping things safe.
I was going to make one then I found this.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48
  Print  

Jump to: