May 16, 2024, 04:34:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I got hate mail!  (Read 1266 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: January 28, 2006, 11:01:31 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How sad is this?

On the Dorset Coast near where I live, there's a short stretch of beach which for many years has been used by naturists. It's clearly marked as such so that people who don't want to see naked people know not to go to that bit.

There was a letter in our local freebie paper the other day from a woman who took her children there for a walk and was shocked and horrified that they were exposed to the sight of a naked human male, although it was winter and the temp was -2, and thought it terrible that she couldn't take her children to see our beautiful coastline. (Can't have been a lot to see at that temp can there?)

I thought her letter was so ridiculous that I emailed a reply to the paper saying that we have miles and miles of coastline that's internationally recognised as being very special (Jurassic Coast) and why did she choose to take her children to the only very small part of it where they might see what she thought they ought not to see?

So today I got a 'poison pen' letter! Telling me what an idiot I am for saying that she should expect to see nude people on a nudist beach when the temp is -2!
This person actually had cut the letter out of the paper, written me a note, attached the cutting, put it in an envelope, stamped it and posted it!

What sad lives some people must have!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 11:15:47 AM »

At least you provoked a response Bobbi. Nice to know people still speak up for what they believe in -whichever side of the argument they're on. Minus 2!! Shocked

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
wizzkitt

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 11:20:37 AM »

If the temperature was minus two, I'm quite impressed that the complainant could tell it was a bloke!!  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: