May 03, 2024, 01:06:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VW T5 Campervan, automatic  (Read 4804 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: March 30, 2016, 10:43:45 AM »

I love camping but having reluctantly to accept it's just too much like hard work now, so......

I’m looking for a VW T5 campervan, which MUST have automatic transmission, would prefer a high top but a pop top would do, would like long wheelbase for the extra space, and preferably 2005-ish or later.

I've already found out I’m unlikely to find all those in one package unless it’s too far away and sells while I’m thinking about it…
I’m prepared to travel some distance but Cumbria was a tad too far...I’m on the south coast and there are limits but - I want it all, and I want it NOW!  Smiley

I've looked around the internet and decided that a reasonably late VW is what I want - it will have to be my daily driver also, as I don't have room for any more vehicles.  It needs to be ready to go, I don't want anything that's going to need work, and it needs to appeal to me when I see it!

I know this is an unlikely place to find it but it would be daft NOT to post here!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
hunter

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:45:50 PM »

Not quite sure what to make of this.
Is it a price a misprint.Is it a scam Undecided
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-California-VW-T5-Motorhome-Campervan-Automatic-/322057187211?hash=item4afc1aaf8b:g:WYsAAOSwwpdW-6u0

I
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:40:36 PM »

Yes i've seen that one - as it's in Jedburgh I discounted it anyway, but there is something that feels dodgy about it.  For a start, he says it's RHD but you can't see that, and the side door is on the wrong side for RHD vehicle - which is another reason I wouldn't want it.

The mileage seems low even for a 2008 vehicle but unlike most adverts he hasn't included a picture of the dash with the mileage showing.

The really dodgy thing is where he says "I DON'T SIT ON THE COMPUTER ALL DAY SO FOR QUICKER RESPONSE PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR CONTACT NUMBER!" - he doesn't put HIS contact number there though!  And that's after he says that delivery can be arranged.

On Volkszone forum that I've joined, there is actually a warning about dealing with private sellers who don't want to give you a HOME email address (ie not hotmail or gmail) or phone number - so even if it were nearer I think I would heed the warning and leave well alone.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
gpz

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 04:45:05 PM »

thats defo a scam thats worth 15.000 grand all day long mines an 08 lwb works van and ive been offered nearly 10 grand for it
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 07:53:37 PM »

There are quite a lot of converted ones that go for very little more than that gpz, specially the ones in out of the way places.

I missed out on a gorgeous one because it was in Cumbria.

minimutly

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »

Don't be put off by a lhd, our knaus motorhome is lhd, once you get used to it you don't notice, and it will be cheaper.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 07:11:36 PM »

Thanks, but I'm too old to learn to drive an LHD - I don't do much driving now I'm retired and I have enough trouble remembering how to drive what I'm used to!  Haven't driven a van at all since.....   30 years or more I reckon!

Don't seem to be getting much further with my search - it's needing an auto that's the problem - that and the fact that however hard I try, I can't bring myself to want a Mazda Bongo!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:14:32 PM by BikerGran » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 11:58:30 AM »

Thinking of going to look at this one - or possibly getting a friend of a friend to go see it first...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281993955407?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/UFIAAOSwfl9XBDCu/$_57.JPG
VW T5 Campervan, automatic

spanners

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 09:56:32 PM »

Thinking of going to look at this one - or possibly getting a friend of a friend to go see it first...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281993955407?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/UFIAAOSwfl9XBDCu/$_57.JPG
VW T5 Campervan, automatic

bobbie,,,,,, at that price i do hope youre joking

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »

I wouldn't pay the full asking price Mike - but they are selling like hot cakes!  And that one has everything I want - automatic, LWB, high top - it's quite rare to see all three in one vehicle!

hunter

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 11:38:06 PM »

bobbie,You only live once.
If it's what you want.

I
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 10:27:21 PM »

Cheers Hunter - that's what I think!  Even if I only have it a couple of years, they hold their value anyway.  I'm finding the logistics a bit daunting though, a lot of it is easier if you have a fancy phone that does everything but I haven't yet progressed that far into the 21st century!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: