May 04, 2024, 12:55:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMERICAN CHOPPER THE END  (Read 3349 times)
Al

« on: April 28, 2013, 03:27:26 PM »

THIS PROGRAME HAS FINALLY FINISHED AND HAS BEEN ON GOING FOR TEN YEARS.
I HAVE NEVER LIKED THE PROGRAME FROM THE START BUT I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE MIXED VIEWS
MY ELDEST TOOK A LIKING TO IT WHEN IT FIRST CAME ON OUR SCREENS AND WATCHED IT EVERY TIME IT WAS ON SO I WAS FORCED TO WATCH AS WELL
THE TUTTELLS WERE NOT A STUPID FAMILY AND KNEW HOW TO MAKE MONEY BUT WEREN'T AS SQUEAKY CLEAN AS EVERY ONE THOUGHT 
THE FATHER HAD A STEEL COMPANY THAT HIS OTHER SON RAN THAT WAS A PHOENIX AND WAS SHUT DOWN A FEW TIMES WITH MASSIVE DEBTS AND THEN RE-OPENED IN A DIFFERENT NAME

AS FOR WHAT THEY BUILT I COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW A BIKE BUILDING COMPANY WOULD CHARGE SO MUCH FOR THERE STUFF BUT ORDER IN FRAMES ALREADY MADE
MOST OF THE STUFF WAS MADE BY OTHERS AND PUT ON THERE THEME BIKES
I'M NOT SAYING ALL THE STAFF WERE LIKE THAT THEY DID HAVE A COUPLE OF TALENTED BUILDERS
BUT TO SAY THE TWO PAUL'S WERE GREAT BUILDER'S IV GOT TO DISAGREE
THEY WERE MORE LIKE KWICK FIT WORKERS FITTERS RATHER THAN BUILDER'S

HOW COULD THEY MAKE SO MUCH MONEY OR CHARGE SO MUCH FOR PARTS WITH THERE NAME ON IT BEATS ME BUT THEY HAVE A LOT MORE MONEY THAN ME SO MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

FOR ME IT IS THANK F*** IT IS FINALLY FINISHED YIPPEE YIPEE YIPEE

SORRY RANT OVER

WHAT DID THE REST OF YOU THINK OF THEM
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »

Same as you s**te!!

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
gsxbobber

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 06:07:55 PM »

Glad that pile sh** has finished but sorry to tell you Paul senior is going to be making another programme soon ,and another pile of crap soon is arleen ness son going to makeover viewers bikes in a new series the crap never ends its just a illusion.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:07:29 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged
trev

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 06:35:55 PM »

totally agree with you AL,they werent bike makers,they were bike builders,and as for paul pignose jnr,what a to%^%r.

yes but can blue men sing the whites?
Olds

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »

Watched quite a few episodes (usually in fast forward) for ideas. What a waste of time that was!

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
gsxbobber

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »

The only two decent builders are not with us one is deceased and the other is banged up.
Al

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 09:22:57 PM »

ur f***** jokin more of the s*** will be hiding the bloody remote 10 years long enough
spanners

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »

The only two decent builders are not with us one is deceased and the other is banged up.
well ,indian larry,, is now deceased ,RIP, so who,s banged up ?

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
fifer

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »

What put me off , was watching one of those so called professional bike building programs and seeing them hammer a very tight wheel spindle into place instead of checking whether the bearings were the correct size or the spindle was oversize { Probably because it was chromed  Shocked.} .

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
hunter

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 09:32:26 PM »

I think Jessie James was Banged up,But is out now.

I
JayJay

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 10:06:33 PM »

I used to watch this show but the histrionics just became too much. I actually visited their shop/workshop in 2010 when I went to New York for my 50th birthday. I caught the bus and spent an afternoon up there. (http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7267.msg88062#msg88062).

I met Paul Snr. but I would have liked to have met Rick. I saw him in the workshop (via a viewing window) but he never came out. I always felt it was him who did most of the actual engineering or explained how it should be done.

Many of their past bikes were in the shop but although many looked great, they also looked unrideable. More for show, than fit for purpose.

Trev made me smile, because I found it hard to look at Paul Jnr. because of his nose, especially when he was chuntering on about something to camera.

Trouble with a lot of these programmes, is instead of just telling the actual story, they try to come with different gimmicks. A good case in point, is the money programme on at 8 ish on ITV. Instead of just telling us how to save money, they act like idiots to make the programme more appealable. More turn offable in my case.

See Al, you don't rant alone.

JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Al

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 10:14:05 PM »

i agree i with your view of rick thought he was a really good builder and old school trained but with out the big head the rest have

they were down your way as well did they not got to one of the ace cafe's shows
scannerzer

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »

i bet more peeps like this than care to admit it  Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 07:03:05 PM »

You seem to be missing the point here -it's a TV show. It's entertainment.
I'm sure the Teutalls or whatever they're called, weren't picked for their bike building skills, but because the producers thought they'd provide the roller coaster ups & downs & confrontations they think make good viewing.
Personally the repitition drives me mad. They string out 10 minutes of action for 45 minutes by breaking it up into 4 parts, then spending 5 minutes of each section recapping what you've just seen, & 5 minutes previewing what's happening next. Ahhh!
All these American fly on the wall type series seem to use the same format. Are they all churned out by the same production company? Presumably made for viewers with the attention span of a goldfish.
I don't own a television & to be honest, don't miss the majority of the programmes at all.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 07:42:38 PM »

i get my entertainment up the garage these days  Wink Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: