May 17, 2024, 06:35:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 246626 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #735 on: October 31, 2009, 06:52:44 PM »

I've had 3 Moggy Minors -a van, a pick up & an ex Police Panda car saloon.
Hadn't even noticed the Angle Box was left hand drive! My Mum had one when I were a kid. Still remember the registration & always look out for it at classic shows.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #736 on: October 31, 2009, 10:27:06 PM »

still got the moggy i bought for the ex,s lad   may have to sell soon  Sad  need the space for storage over the winter

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
panthershaun

« Reply #737 on: November 01, 2009, 08:49:01 AM »

I noticed the reg on the Anglia is French Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
afghanman

« Reply #738 on: November 01, 2009, 12:31:17 PM »

Seen a couple of Anglias here But I haven't seen one of these anywhere for years.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/rare-ford-zodiac_W0QQitemZ220498902279QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFR_JG_Auto_Pi%C3%A8ces_Automobiles_Test?hash=item3356c23d07

pkdsculpture.moonfruit.com
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #739 on: November 06, 2009, 12:05:03 AM »

An old mark 4 Zodiac. My mate's Dad used to drive us to our cub scout meetings in one when I was a kid. I remember the 2 of us sliding up & down the polished bench seat every time he went round a corner. We never got tired of it.
Taz & I both had the day off today, so we nipped over to the workshops to check on the Charger. No more progress yet. We've been side-lined in favour of a couple of quick, easy money jobs on modern cars. Can't blame John for that -we pay him a little when we can afford it & he's not chasing us for it at all, but it's frustrating when all the panels are there & just waiting to be fitted.
This twin wheel Chevy Silverado truck was in for a new front wing & paint touch up. It's absolutely enormous. Diesel powered, with an extra tank in the pick-up bed. Taz loved it.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #740 on: November 06, 2009, 12:08:20 AM »

The grey Volvo Amazon's been there for a while now. It was in a nice metallic gunmetal grey when it arrived. Looks to be being prepped for a respray. A mild custom with something bigger than stock under the bonnet. I've always liked Amazons. Nice shape.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:09:57 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #741 on: November 06, 2009, 12:10:58 AM »

Another new arrival. This Dodge Demon's had a light rear end shunt & is awaiting a visit from the insurance assessor.

Firery Fred

« Reply #742 on: November 06, 2009, 08:06:13 PM »

Ooooh I like the Dodge  Smiley

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #743 on: November 23, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »

Taz & I both had the afternoon off today, so back to the workshops to check on progress.
Andy the bodywork guy's back on our car again now & things are starting to take shape. He's concentrating on the back end, hanging panels on self tapping screws & moving them around until the fit's right. The AMD panels we've imported are a much better fit than other makes they've used before & come with all the relevant flanges & channels, which saves him having to fabricate them. They also retain all the subtle double curves of the original body, whereas some other makes of panel are more basic & don't flow as nicely.
Both rear wheel tubs are now in & permanently welded to the shell. The two rear quarter panels are on but will have to come off again at some point so he can access the areas underneath them. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:17:30 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #744 on: November 23, 2009, 04:57:44 PM »

The rear sail panel, (the flat section between the rear window & bootlid -sorry, "trunk"), is in, but there's still a strengthening box to go in underneath it, which is laying in the trunk in this pic.
Andy's had to rebuild the interior panels at either end of the parcel shelf. Of the various slots in the parcel shelf, 2 are optional speaker mounts, 2 are optional rear seat belt mounts & one is the rear window demister mount. Posh eh.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:28:08 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #745 on: November 23, 2009, 05:08:46 PM »

The rear light panel's also fitted, but still has to have it's strengthening braces added.
Taz's 1969 Charger has long oblong rear lights. The earlier '68 version had seperate round lights. Personally I prefer the round ones & we could've bought & fitted the '68 panel, but then it wouldn't be a '69 Charger!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #746 on: November 23, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »

The trunk's now strong enough for Andy to stand in while he works -when we first bought the car you could see the road through the trunk floor! The weight of the huge fuel tank full of unleaded will hang from the underside of the trunk, so it'd be nice if it didn't fall out the first time we fill it up.
He's made a plywood template of the rear window -plywood's easier to replace if it gets damaged than 40 year old glass. With this dropped in place, he can see that all the rear panels need tweaking to the left a little -the reason everything's just pinned together with screws & mole grips for the time being.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:19:19 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #747 on: November 23, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »

The replacement K member we picked up from "CannonBall" of the MMA forum fitted perfectly, so the twisted one that came with the car can be binned. It holds all the front suspension & steering components, so now the car should point in vaguely the right direction, which is good.
Andy's also added the driver's side door jamb panel, (the "B post").

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #748 on: November 23, 2009, 05:28:41 PM »

He's done an awful lot of work that doesn't even show until it's pointed out.
We bought the replacement doors from Dave Two Lanes & thought they were near perfect, but shot blasting them revealed several rust areas. Andy's removed the skin from this door, (driver's side), cut out the bottom front & rear corners & fabricated new sections, then welded them back in. You can't see the join at all until you run your hand over the inside of the door skin. He's also rebuilt the rear of the door where it shuts against the frame. Then he's re-fitted the skin. Good as new. This guy's a real craftsman.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:31:03 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #749 on: November 23, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »

So nothing for us to do at the moment, but get out of his way & let him get on with it.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: