May 05, 2024, 02:42:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: First trike build  (Read 6916 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 10:13:27 PM »

Yeah, I sent Paul TT over there this very evening. A mine of very useful info.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
triker-taz
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 10:24:38 PM »

tazet here,
just went on the link that bikergran posted for 100% biker and on it chris gives the detail on how to obtain the msva book on what is needed so think that will be our next thing to get.
great idea about putting the info on it own page will be very useful and would bring more people in i agree.
think taz is thinking of modifying the frame we have but as no one can identify the vin number we are going to use it (i have been told i can) otherwise i think you have to get the police or someone from the dvla to come out and stamp your bike / trike with a new one. could mean even more paper work and lengthy calls all round england easier if you can keep the origional but i know not alway possible
triker-taz
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 10:27:46 PM »

ps i printed out loadsof stuff from
www.direct.gov.uk/Motoring
some stuff is not clear which is why i've had the phone glued to my ear and also on there you can apply for various forms needed to register bikes/trikes
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 10:21:31 AM »

Hiya.
Thanks for emailing me some of that info. I'll keep it till Yoda gets back from his hols then we'll make up a page for it.
So when you gonna send us some words & piccies on your trike as it is now for the Motors, 3 wheels section then?!

triker-taz
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 10:38:14 AM »

once i've taken some up to date pics i will send them to you and just got through the post this morning the stuff on registering have tried to scan but comes out rubbish so will have to have a have a play or just copy it out in word once i've read it all. anyway off to collect an engine now as a possible for the first build it is an xs850 so guess i will be putting a mattress in the shed for him and a fridge for the beer and cake lol
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:54:52 AM by triker-taz » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 11:03:43 AM »

I had an XS850 as my daily commuter for several years. A lovely bike, though commuting 50 miles a day in all weathers ruined it. Had a Marshall "Deeptone" exhaust -sounded like a Lancaster bomber  Grin
Thanks Tazette.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: