May 17, 2024, 07:19:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Scratch built car  (Read 52998 times)
No Sound

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2015, 09:16:25 PM »

Well its back to the plan. Since I needed to make a few end panels the same shape for the door frames I decided to make a jig out 8mm flat bar. I used 1.2 mm steel for the entire inner frame work/panels. The only job left is to weld the frame to the cross members.
No Sound

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

Continued
No Sound

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »

Continued
No Sound

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2015, 09:18:35 PM »

Last one
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2015, 10:28:18 PM »

So is this going to be registered as a New Build ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
No Sound

« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »

No way was I thinking about registering it as a 1932 Bentley  Grin
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2015, 11:11:50 PM »

Now please do not take this the wrong way, but this thread, whilst interesting in its own way, is a little like "Shed builder" meets "British Leyland", or is that an unfortunate comparison, whatever, I'm sure y'all know what I mean! Cheesy, and if not, the range of kit available on this build, plus of course the abilities of the builder, are over and above your "average" forum member. Now you might think, 'So what', in which case I have obviously not clarified...well, I'll exit stage left then...... Undecided..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2015, 06:48:13 AM »

I know what you mean Morrag. I think there is most definitely a place for this type of build though.
I consider myself reasonably skilled but I could not consider a build like this.
I can still learn and ask questions, critique and steal/borrow ideas.
The home built English Wheel for instance. Great idea well executed.
We all need to be able to aspire towards those who have more skill, better kit, better/different imagination and build methods.
I don't build or restore cars, I am into bikes. The older the better. I am still inspired and very impressed by the car builders as construction methods are usually transferable.
stinkey

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2015, 07:32:51 AM »

No way was I thinking about registering it as a 1932 Bentley  Grin
or maybe a Bugatti ? Roll Eyes

stinkey

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2015, 07:46:34 AM »

Now please do not take this the wrong way, but this thread, whilst interesting in its own way, is a little like "Shed builder" meets "British Leyland", or is that an unfortunate comparison, whatever, I'm sure y'all know what I mean! Cheesy, and if not, the range of kit available on this build, plus of course the abilities of the builder, are over and above your "average" forum member. Now you might think, 'So what', in which case I have obviously not clarified...well, I'll exit stage left then...... Undecided..Morrag
well I admire what he's doing,not that I don't have the skills to do it because I do,but because he's doing it and sharing with us, I have two buddy's just within 2 miles of me doing builds of amazing quality like this..one is a hotrod hobbyist and other is pro restorer..for me it's iv been there can't be bothered anymore syndrome ? Plus health issues..but I hope he cracks on with it.. Cool

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »

Variety is the spice girl of life I think someone once said.
Nope, like a 5 year old watching a proffesional artist at work, I haven't got a hope in hell of reaching this level, but I can appreciate the skills that are going into it & as Mr Slam said, learn a little along the way & file away info for future use. I think it's fascinating to watch. Keep posting please Andy! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:39:30 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »

Variety is the spice girl of life I think someone once said.
Nope, like a 5 year old watching a proffesional artist at work, I haven't got a hope in hell of reaching this level, but I can appreciate the skills that are going into it & as Mr Slam said, learn a little along the way & file away info for future use. I think it's fascinating to watch. Keep posting please Andy! Smiley

x2
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:39:53 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »

Well I don't build anything but I still find it fascinating!  Partly because it's so different from most of what we see on here.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2015, 02:46:28 PM »

lets stop talkin about it and let the man get on with building it ,, i want to see it finished  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
stinkey

« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »

It's a forum..I like talking on here..otherwise I'd be talking to myself Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: