May 08, 2024, 02:21:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas, Dave Mann style.  (Read 25608 times)
flap

« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2006, 03:24:27 PM »

A lady with an HGV licence -how cool is that! Flap's going for his next year 

I've got me class 2, thats any rigid Mr Manky with as many axles as you like, class 1 is an artic. got to do a drops course in January then I can do my class 1, for free  Grin

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
toad

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2006, 06:25:43 PM »

go for it! but remember as of april next year max 9 hr,s driving in a 24hr period!! its gonna really upset my wages!! ie no overtime! this applys to all vehicles fitted with a tacho! before this s**te was bought in i could drive as much as i wanted! the breakdown recovery industry was exempt! not anymore! Angry

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
triker-tazet
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »

yup artic is a big bugger and thats what i did my test in not a waggon and drag i only got 4 minors see if you can beet that flappy also cose i work with horses and its for my boss's personal use i don't have to use the tacho not even on the continent Grin
flap

« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2006, 10:03:48 PM »

I only had 3 minors on me class 2, one was not checking the mirrors (disputable) on a maneuver and 2 for gear change, the splitter was buggered and didn't always change back so it was in neutral instead of second when pulling away  Angry I don't need to use tacho either when when I'm driving something hand painted green 'n' black  Grin

triker-tazet
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2006, 10:07:51 PM »

thats a good score but artic is harder hows your reversing with a trailer Shocked can't remember what i got for the rigid it was about 4 years ago and i have an SJ410 hand painted in green and black too
flap

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2006, 10:14:55 PM »

I'm rubbish at reversing with a trailer, only done it a few times and that was in my Land Rover with no power steering. Hard work that  Smiley

triker-tazet
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2006, 10:18:27 PM »

nothing wrong with landy's but yes steering is a bugger in them. just practice. the artic reversing is tha same patern as the rigid and big trailers are easier than small. if i can do it you can i am just a meer female after all Grin  Grin  Grin
toad

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2006, 10:45:17 PM »

tiz nice to see a feminine truck driver! you wanna see what i get on a class one breakdowns! most of the female drivers are like blokes with boobs! Shocked i hate doing wagon an drag recoveries. aint nice being chatted up by a bloke with tits! Tongue

triker-tazet
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2006, 10:47:47 PM »

Grin  Grin  Grin i don't blame you would freek me out too i bet you see some sights  Shocked  and i'm definatley not a blokey type and not at all a big female only 5'6 there is a pic of me on triker-taz's PitBull
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:50:12 PM by triker-tazet » Logged
toad

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2006, 10:57:20 PM »

i know what ya look like!! Shocked saw ya piccy on the shell driving challenge page!  Grin if only every female driver was like you! Wink flirty buggar aint i? on a serious not we got a reccy driver who gets off on butch females! and yep ya right i do get to see some sights! alot of it aint pleasant im afraid which is why some of my post are a bit wierd kinda of an escape from reality for me! Wink

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2006, 01:06:16 AM »

I drove a big artic when I did the 'Ladies Driving Challenge' - dead easy as it wasn't loaded and I only had to go forwards!

I was ok reversing a tractor and trailer when I worked on the farm but that was easy cos you could turn halfway round on the tractor seat to see what the trailer was doing!(No cabs in them days).  Tried to reverse a car and bike trailer once and that was a bugger cos I couldn't see the trailer at all till it jacknifed!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
triker-tazet
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2006, 05:45:42 AM »

BG sounds like the challenge you did was much more fun and yes tractors are easier especially with the nobby thing on the wheel.

and that ok toad thats tame isn't it MM Grin you should have heard the comments when i had to drove to portugal earlier in the year and that was just in the queue booking in for the ferry, i kinda switch off now  Grin

oh and ya gonna watch it when they tellevise it on the web on 19th Jan for 5 weeks i think and it should be in the top gear mag but probably not till feb.
i'm not allowed to say who won etc as i signed a paper thingy to keep my gob shut.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »

The nobby thing on the wheel is the driver isn't it?
Remember folks Ms Tazzette was here before she became a prime time TV celebrity. I hope you'll remember us little people when they're offering you your own show. Maybe you could present ScrapTrike Challenge.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Speedmaster

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »

I'm glad someone's keen to drive artics, Livin' in a layby, tachos, speed cameras, loads not ready, transport managers aaaaaaarrrrgh!  Glad I'm out of it.
Just let me wander the wilds of Lincolnshire in my mobile library with people bringing me tea and cakes and I'll be happy as a pig in SH** Grin
triker-tazet
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2006, 06:53:26 PM »

i'm not quite that sort of lorry driver although i love driving so wouldn't mind having a go and instead of laybys we stop over in fields and my lorry has a loo / shower/ cooker/ fridge etc in it so not that bad realy just the cold nights as no heating. although i have my artic licence i actually drive an HGV with trailer (not drag as normal ball hitch) but the total length is the same as an artic. the trailer takes carriages and equipment and opens out as stabling for the ponies so when we go away we are totaly self contained so long as we have access to running water
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: