May 10, 2024, 02:36:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: NSRA Original Hot Rod Drags 16 - 18 Sept - Shakespeare  (Read 12117 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »

No racing-all-day-Saturday wet.

Oh boy, that IS wet - not so sorry I didn't get there now!   But those pics make me determined to be there next year with my new camera...

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
wizzkitt

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »

Ah, we had a blast anyway. It's the company not the weather that makes a good weekend.  Smiley

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2011, 06:38:19 AM »

Another Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTWc98pzEU&feature=related

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Tony oily bike

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 07:48:20 PM »

Some more photos taken by others

http://peterdonaldson.zenfolio.com/p769983721

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
cunningplan

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »

I could not get there for the Friday but even with the weather as it was over the rest of the weekend, it was one of the best HRDs. I was still as busy as normal Sat with quite a few cars wanting to be checked over but now and again had to duck for cover when it rained. Sunday was quite on the scrutineering side, but after a late start and a few oil downs, the last two hours were storming with lots of good quick runs.
The trade stands were better than normal and one managed to get a few bob from me for parts for the new car.
The flame burnouts and cackle fest were from my standing point (Guiding the cars into their spots on the track) was bloody loud. Fireworks were even good.
Meeting a few people from on here (Including one of the best magazine writers Grin ) is always great.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »

So did you take your own car along to show it off Tone?
I haven't seen flaming burnouts at Shakey before -what do the health & safety men make of that?! Looked great though.
Here's a shot of that Pop I was asking about. Lovely.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
cunningplan

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »

So did you take your own car along to show it off Tone?
I haven't seen flaming burnouts at Shakey before -what do the health & safety men make of that?! Looked great though.
Here's a shot of that Pop I was asking about. Lovely.

No, but it will be for next year Roll Eyes
I checked over that Pop for racing but dont know if it went down the track or not.
cunningplan

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2011, 07:24:08 PM »

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300970_10150321189002149_683842148_8266645_1463168296_n.jpg
NSRA Original Hot Rod Drags 16 - 18 Sept - Shakespeare

Taken by Jon Spoard
panthershaun

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »

Black Vauxhall

this is so cool  Grin Grin Grin Cool

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:17 AM »

That will be me then Grin. There were six bikes invited to do a some demo runs. Because no-one ran on Saturday due to the wet, they had to fit in their championship runs in 1 day so we, the bikes, were not expecting to get any runs. Right near the end of the day we got the thumbs but were told to hurry up as they were nearing their shutoff time so we up got to the line and ran but I got a bit more traction than I expected. I knew it would be sticky but after a full day of racing the track was really good. My time and speed were crap as the shot shows me on the way down (throttle closed) as the front touched down I opened it up again and the front went straight back up. Made for a great photo but a crap run. A really great day though. Some seriously quick and interesting kit. Will deffo return if invited.
Andy. Grin Grin
cunningplan

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2011, 07:06:43 AM »

That will be me then Grin. There were six bikes invited to do a some demo runs. Because no-one ran on Saturday due to the wet, they had to fit in their championship runs in 1 day so we, the bikes, were not expecting to get any runs. Right near the end of the day we got the thumbs but were told to hurry up as they were nearing their shutoff time so we up got to the line and ran but I got a bit more traction than I expected. I knew it would be sticky but after a full day of racing the track was really good. My time and speed were crap as the shot shows me on the way down (throttle closed) as the front touched down I opened it up again and the front went straight back up. Made for a great photo but a crap run. A really great day though. Some seriously quick and interesting kit. Will deffo return if invited.
Andy. Grin Grin

Just to let you know, theres a NSA event at the track on the 15/16th Oct  Wink
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »

Thanks matey, I was aware of the NSA meet but I have other plans that weekend but not any cunning ones! Grin
poprodder

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »

Tony, did you get one of the black Pop sat next to the blue Willys in your first pic? One of my current favourites.

its for sale andy.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2011, 10:32:32 PM »

Great photo Mr Slam!
Don't know anything about that Pop Chris, but just like the way it sits. It was there last year too.
The vauxhall was featured in last month's Custom car magazine I think Shaun.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: