May 10, 2024, 03:58:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Talmag Trial - Pre '65 motorcycles - Aldershot Sun 30th Jan 2011  (Read 11460 times)
JayJay

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 11:49:02 PM »

Great photos Tony.
Had intended to be there but last minute hitch. Like Andy, not into it but the pre 65 drew me plus not too far a trip. Maybe next time.
JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
sidecar 151

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »

Norton outfit with heavily modified down tubes, presumabaly to sharpen the steering angle

"the Norton outfit" photo'd in this thread is actually a 1948 Ariel engine with competition alloy Matchless head & barrel & my bike. Yes the down tubes were drastically altered to make it steer. Chassis is a (was a) 1956 Ariel Red Hunter.
We had a fantastic ride up until Hungry Hill section on the second lap we had only lost 1 mark & had set the fastest time on special test so was actually leading the sidecar class. We clipped an inlet valve over revving Hungry Hill with only 4 more sections to go so dropped to many points. We understand that we ended out 4th place overal. "Gutted" ... There's always next year Cry Rob
Check this out and leave a comment. Mainly us again at Talmag  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlUqP45kvak

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:49:48 PM by sidecar 151 » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:40 PM »

Hi Rob & welcome to MMMotors.  Wink
Our main website's down at the moment, after being seriously hacked a few months ago, but when it's back we run photo galleries of all the events our members attend. Always looking for informed write-ups to accompany the pics!  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 06:41:27 AM »

Hi Rob, welcome to MMM.

Thanks for putting me straight on your outfit...... Wink (Have modded the thread to suit) Here's a pic of the downtubes so everyone can see the mods.

Youtube clip shows what its all about, more than stills can. One thing about doing trials is you learn how to fall  Grin

Shame about the motor, looked like great fun up until then, but as you say, always next year.

Used to do trials on a 'modern' bike a few years ago (just for the grin factor), but always fancied a go in the chair of a thumper as well a trying a pre '65 solo.
Chatted to a friend last night who has a 350 AJS, and he reckons I can borrow his pre '65 C15 solo, so maybe this year will get to see what its like. (think I can still remember how to fall off  Cheesy)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:57:02 PM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
panthershaun

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »

couldn't make it this time  Cry Cry Cry Bobcats in bits in the shed and I need her back together before friday 11th to head off to the Dragon...
Love the Panthers, there is usually around 5 little solo's there and I'm guessing the outfit belongs to Jennie from the POC and I a 250 modified to around 380 now and fitted with a Bonnie piston... hope to get my little rigid Panther done and have a go at pre 65 trials oneday...

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
sidecar 151

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »

Just got a small vid finished and up-loaded of our Talamg trial 2011 Have a look and leave a comment Grin Grin 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1_rfZlbtKA
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 10:52:46 PM »

C-o-o-l!!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »

Nice video Rob  Grin, gives those who have never been a good idea of what its all about (there are solos as well), and those that were there a reminder of another good day watching old bits of Brit iron being well and truly used.

If you know of other pre '65 events in and around this area, be good to know. (Have caught the 'greybeards' before, and some of the North Hants plus Witley & District club events over the years)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:27:15 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: