May 09, 2024, 10:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 35th Billing Aquadrome rod weekend 1 -3 June '07  (Read 11778 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: May 21, 2007, 07:04:23 PM »

Billing Aquadrome, Northampton.
Huge country park setting.
Literally thousands of rods & customs of all descriptions.
Weekend camping.
Sunday Show n Shine.
Over 100 trade stalls

Programme of events:

Friday night disco 

Saturday morning - Tot Rod racing at the on-site Go Kart track 

Saturday lunchtime - mega cruise 

Saturday night disco with live music

Sunday show & shine in the traditional Billing sunshine with separate show area for the Pop Festival, Under 25’s and Tot Rods. 

There is no pre-booking for this event just turn up on the day and pay Billing your camping fees (NSRA members with a valid 2007 membership card will benefit from discounted camping fees).

Photos of last year's show here:

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/billingfunrun4.6.06/report.html

07774 782350 / 01205 310885
hotrods@ukgateway.net www.nsra.org.uk

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:15:58 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
40 Sedan

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 07:47:33 AM »

Best Rod run of the year imho, we'll be there from Thursday night, weather looks reasonable at the moment too.  You there for the weekend Manky or Sunday only???
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »

Sunday only. Got to work on Saturday morning, (I'm a Postie), but I don't do that camping thing -except for the Cornwall trip Biker Gran's planning in September
http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1978.0
But she's promised me it'll be warm & dry all weekend.
Can't remember how much day tickets were last year & can't find any ticket info. Any idea?

40 Sedan

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:32:29 AM »

Billing's prices are £10 cars and motorbikes £5 for day passes, if you park in the hotel car park by the entrance though there's a good chance you can just walk in, not that I'm promoting that!!
panthershaun

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »

I should be going up on the saturday, all being well Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 10:33:42 AM »

Not Sunday for the Show n Shine Shaun? Well worth a look. They have a seperate area for Pops -The Pop Festival. Perfect place to pick a few brains & nick ideas. I've got to work on Saturday & won't be finished till 11.00 so got to be Sunday for me.

panthershaun

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 10:38:17 AM »

May well go up Sunday then, give me a chance to earn some wedge on Sat.
I'm meeting a chap who is building a Pop ute.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 10:44:34 AM »

Clashes with Gary's Picnic at Avon Park. Tazet's only got this weekend free this Summer due to horse event commitments. Would be nice to take her to Avon Park to watch Brock race the Black Pig, but I reckon it'll have to be Billing cos it was so good last year, (see the photos here).

http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/billingfunrun4.6.06/report.html

panthershaun

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 10:53:09 AM »

Maybe I shouldn't go as I already have a head full of ideas Roll Eyes Tongue but I really do love this but I'm not to sure how practical it would be for a daily driver/ parts chaser??

lunatic

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:55:48 AM »

I will probably go up on the sunday too. Manky and Panther, you guys need to get the grinders out and do less thinking and some more cutting! Grin
panthershaun

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 10:58:07 AM »

HAHA Luny, I'm waiting to get my Pop up to my mates barn and then the sparks will fly in the next couple of weeks Grin Grin Grin Tongue btw how much for a paint job in matt for a Pop pickup with NO fenders??

lunatic

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 11:01:45 AM »

Depends. How prepped is it going to be? Want me to fill it, prime and topcoat? Or just the topcoat? We'll have a chat about it on sunday if your going?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »

I'm more than happy to start cutting mine up at your place Loony. Maybe we should meet up there & make a start on mine?! Get past the point of no return so I've got no choice but to chop it. Will stop all this prevaricating.
Shaun -can't remember the guy's name, but the owner of the cream pick-up posed for Merchandise piccies for the site last year. He's the one in the brown t shirt. Pick-up ran a commercial grille, (a truck one),  & French flathead power. I love it & agree -exactly what I'd like to do to mine, in pale green or black with the MMMotors logo in faded, peeling paint on the doors. Check my drag race photos from last year -he was at most of the Nostalgia meets I went to.

panthershaun

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 11:14:35 AM »

I reckon just top coat Lunatic.
That pickup is exactly what I think a rodded pickup should look like but I'm not to sure if I could live with it as an everyday driver i.e. is the carrying capacity any good, what would it be like to drive at night etc. now I know that shouldn't be a consideration when rodding anything but I can't afford the luxury of a car sitting on my drive way that is only used for shows. It is going to have to take over from the Land Rover hauling all my junk around which is why I'm fitting a small engine so that it is a bit fuel efficient. I do have plans for a radical low roadster which will run a V8 (preferably a flattie) when funds allow.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »

I've got my little Fiesta van for lugging stuff around in but, to be honest, it's not that often I need to. A 2 seater truck with enough room to chuck a couple of jackets in the back is all I need.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: