May 19, 2024, 01:40:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70
  Print  
Author Topic: hillman superminx 1962  (Read 200795 times)
poprodder

« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2011, 09:16:16 PM »

rear arches!!!!
not got any other pics as it got dark quick(ok i took too long eating me dinner)

Cabman77

« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2011, 08:16:07 AM »

seem to have lost rear silencer!!!!
somehow replaced with a straight through pipe!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! the back box stealing gremlins have been at it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
poprodder

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2011, 05:19:24 PM »

they sure have, lost all me mojo due to some posts on another forum about my hillman Angry Sad

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »

Well I for one am curious to see how it works out.
C'mon Chris, get gasserin'!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »

heres the only pic i've taken.

someone in the club are gettin me a beam axle, still on look out for a cheap engine.
new paint over winter along with name put back on.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »

In big letters?  Smiley

rob62

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »

realy liking the way this minx is going . f**k other forums its YOUR project do as YOU want .
poprodder

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2011, 06:49:57 AM »

yep big letters andy!!!!

thanks rob.

here is said thread. as you can see i've deleted my account.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=110694&page=1

my mind has been all over the place in recent months, this has done it no favours.

right i'm off out to our big club meet.

thanks chris.

chopper charlie

Making a mockery of mechanical ingenuity

« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2011, 08:48:27 AM »

Ya wanna scribe that down the side of the car

VANDALISED

Firing on all eight
Cabman77

« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2011, 09:42:47 AM »

I can state categorically, here and now, that it is NOT vandalism. By the very definition of the word you CANNOT vandalise your own property. So there with knobs on to him!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandalism

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
spanners

« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »

i was going to say what i thought of what i,ve just read on ,,retro ride,s,,, BUT I BEST NOT!!!!!!!!!

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
chopper charlie

Making a mockery of mechanical ingenuity

« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2011, 09:56:43 AM »

Post a photo of my gasser to the bloke who wrote that nonsense,, he'll s**t in his pants

Firing on all eight
spanners

« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2011, 10:05:52 AM »

Post a photo of my gasser to the bloke who wrote that nonsense,, he'll s**t in his pants
[/quot   

would that be after  he,s had the rover V8 i,m gonna shove up it  :osurgicaly removed Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »

Why do people think they can write whatever they want online?
Freedom of speech n all that, but you wouldn't walk up to someone in the street & tell 'em their wife's ugly -whether she is or not. Yet they think they can do just that from the anonymity of a keyboard.
I love seeing classics still being used as daily drivers, tatty or concourse condition. Just makes me smile to see them out & about among the boring, lookalike modern stuff.
You could've just cruised in your Minx as it was when you bought it Chris & it would've looked sweet. Some cars, especially modern classics that haven't reached the status of the accepted older models, are starting to get rarer now, so there's a case for preserving those that are left
BUT
the restoration buffs had the same chance as you to buy it & didn't. You did. It's your motor & you can do whatever you want to it. Paint it pink if you like, (though I might not accept a lift in it if you do). Cars should be driven & enjoyed, whether they're fresh out of the showroom or dragged out of a barn -that's the whole point of them isn't it. They've always been modified, from the coach built specials of the 20s & 30s, to the teenager's hatchbacks of today. Customising is about making the vehicle yours, adding your personality to it. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone liked the same things.
A Hillman's an intriguing choice for the gasser treatment & I'm curious to see how it evolves. Go for it, but please, really go for it! It needs more ...oomph. More of everything. Gassers should be big & bold & crazy, but a lot of that could still be done on a budget. Jack it up another foot off the ground, polished Wolfies or Cragars, the biggest, stoopidest motor you can wedge in it, open fender headers, a tube front axle, strip the interior except for the period dashboard, 2 60s race seats, a roll cage, coloured perspex windows, big, bright graphics -a road going drag car.
-but that's just my opinion.  Grin
Ignore the detractors mate & enjoy your car.  Wink 

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70
  Print  

Jump to: