May 13, 2024, 12:31:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF  (Read 1416 times)
saex69

WTF
« on: December 04, 2014, 10:39:41 PM »

How is it i manage to kill grinder's Grin well it's just a well they always have a 3yr guarantee but i get them back to the shop within at least 6-12mths  Roll Eyes but this time all three have forked up the first one the top bearing had gone the 2nd the bottom bearing has gone and all three need new carbon bush's so I've ordered new bearings and bush's because i can't be arsed to take two of the grinder's back to the shop. Tell you what though it's amazing how much you miss something when it's not there coz i can't do fork all without them.

Life is like a s**t sandwich the more bread you have the less s**t you have to eat.
the coppersmith

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:15:42 AM »

I have had 2 Hitachi grinders 9" and 4" for yonks (bet they pack up now) Also have a 5"Bosch that only gets used when alloy welding that is 10 years old and just starting to whine a bit. The 4" has been relegated to wire brush duty now. They were expensive back then, seems that a lot of stuff is a lot cheaper nowadays, so do you still get what you pay for?
klogan45

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »

I always get my grinders from Argos coz I manage to break them within 12 months. They give me a new one.

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 06:42:22 PM »

I bought a couple of cheap Chinese grinders from an autojumble once. One of them literally lasted 10 minutes. None of them seem to live more than 6 months now, but they do get a lot of use. Mr Loon & I took 6 into the local toolshop to be repaired a little while ago. Turned out they either couldn't get the brushes, or couldn't get the bearings, or they were made as sealed units, not designed to be repaired. I think we got one out of the six back in the end. 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
lunatic

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 12:55:07 PM »

We got 2 back, one caught fire the first time we switched it on! I generally only use Bosch grinders and drills, Chris has a Makita that seems to be doing well, cheap ones only last me a few weeks and it gets to the point that i have visited all the local b&q's to swap them and they start to get funny about it!
saex69

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »

See this is the thing i always get the heavy duty ones but i use them every day for for cutting and grinding, These days i don't think the quality is as good as things used to be ten years ago, i had a black and Decker drill that lasted 15 years would have lasted a lot longer if i had not let the plumber us it to bore a hole in the wall and burnt it out  >:(but he did buy me a new one that lasted just over a year. Roll Eyes 

Life is like a s**t sandwich the more bread you have the less s**t you have to eat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: