May 18, 2024, 02:34:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565097 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8220 on: June 25, 2015, 07:32:16 PM »

R & P?
Skinny cross plies, ultra vague 1950s steering box & limited roof chop vision make driving in modern traffic an ...interesting experience!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #8221 on: June 25, 2015, 08:36:52 PM »

R & P?
Skinny cross plies, ultra vague 1950s steering box & limited roof chop vision make driving in modern traffic an ...interesting experience!
Rack & Pinion. A new fangled thing that means the steering wheel actually makes the car go where you want it to. It will never catch on. Grin

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8222 on: June 25, 2015, 09:00:00 PM »

Ahh, not Rust & Paint then.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8223 on: June 25, 2015, 09:04:35 PM »

Grin Sorry Bobbi, but several of the "don't paint it, you'll ruin it" crowd are now saying "that'll look really nice when it's fully painted".

Well exactly, me too till I saw that pic!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8224 on: June 25, 2015, 09:36:47 PM »

Cheesy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8225 on: June 28, 2015, 12:41:50 PM »

Angry Been at the workshop all morning, working outside & trying to rub filler down, but getting rained off every 5 minutes. Had to keep pulling the tarpaulin back over the car & waiting for the rain to pass. Finally gave up & came home again -& now the sun's come out.
I'll have some lunch & try again.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8226 on: June 29, 2015, 09:17:39 PM »

O.K, now it's getting silly. The Great British Summer's finally kicked in & it's been abso-bloomin-lutely boiling out there today.
I started a new Postal delivery today, working with a new partner, as part of a big revision that's going on, moving roads around from one delivery to another, all in the name of efficiency. I'm going in an hour early every morning this week & we didn't finish till 4.0.clock this afternoon, trudging round the streets in the blazing heat. I quickly called in at the workshop, just to say Hello, went home for a couple of hours sleep, then was back at the workshop by 7 this evening, to make the most of the sunshine to work outside. Still rubbing filler down.
It's 10.0.clock in the evening here & I've just got home. Another couple of hours & I've got to get up & do it all again.
Really starting to feel my age now -I'm starting to struggle to burn the candle at both ends. I'll be glad when the Pop's back on the road.

poprodder

« Reply #8227 on: June 29, 2015, 09:32:39 PM »

don't burn ya self out over it, i've had a few days off mine.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8228 on: June 29, 2015, 09:52:38 PM »

Yeah, it's not much fun at the moment -have to keep reminding myself it's a hobby, not a job.

Baychimp

« Reply #8229 on: June 30, 2015, 04:00:57 PM »

The hobbys alright. Its the job thats the problem. They couldn't organise a social occasion in a alcohol  brewing establishment.
minimutly

« Reply #8230 on: June 30, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »

Hobbies are easy when you're young, but you get less and less time as you get older, and inclination, and energy. So slowly I'm starting to reduce my expectations, and kick back a bit more...
Must remind my self of that once in a while....
the coppersmith

« Reply #8231 on: June 30, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »

My hobby has become my full time occupation, and I thought I was retired. Then along comes all these people throwing £20 at me, telling me I'm needed to help them out of a hole they have dug. Still, not complaining, keeps the cob webs from forming.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8232 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:18 PM »

Yeah, you definitely need a routine or a part time job to keep the brain cells ticking over when you retire don't you.
I've been working with a guy who's in his 60s for the last couple of years. Now suddenly this week I've been partnered with someone 20 years younger & I'm struggling to keep up.
Just got home from the evening shift at the workshop. Just me & the cat & the occasional dog walker -the cat says dogs are stoopid & she looks down on them -usually from the roof of the Pop. I'd just wrapped everything up in the tarpaulin again for the night & was admiring the sunset across the fields when I was treated to 2 or 3 pretty spectacular lightning flashes. It's hot n humid out there in the Basingstoke bayou tonight.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:45:22 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8233 on: July 01, 2015, 07:56:42 PM »

I don't even build stuff but I spose you could say that going places on the trike is my hobby - I'm seriously considering selling it cos every time I think I'm set up to do some stuff in the summer it breaks down again - probably want a serious overhaul but I don't have the cash - it's starting to get depressing!  
Currently waiting for it to be picked up to have the hub bearing sorted.   Undecided

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8234 on: July 01, 2015, 09:58:20 PM »

Bet you'd regret it if you sold it though Bobbi.
Called it a night at 10pm this evening & left the yard by the light of a beautiful orange moon. A lovely clear view of Jupiter & Venus, only a few degrees apart at the moment too. Sometimes I'd rather just enjoy the evening than spend it working on the Pop.
Think the humidity's messing with the filler -some of it's not drying properly & just smearing when I try to rub it down. May have to sand a section back with a soft pad on the angle grinder & do it again. Feels like each grotty job's taking weeks, but it's only really a couple of days -it's just spread over a couple of weeks, a few hours at a time.

Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: