May 21, 2024, 01:55:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POSTPONED! Popham Aero & Autojumble plus Classic Vehicle Rally & Fly In  (Read 2624 times)
Plainy Janie

« on: April 29, 2008, 07:46:45 PM »

http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/Events.htm
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 05:48:19 PM by BoopoopadoopGal » Logged

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »

No plans yet, might do that iof the weather's ok!

Wonder what they mean by 'classic'?  I shall ask them!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:12:53 AM »

See you there then Bobbi.

Popham airfield's on the North side of the A303, between Basingstoke & Andover, Hants. Follow the event signs, which should take you off the 303 on the Micheldever station/Overton turning, just past the Popham services as you leave Basingstoke.
The airfield's all grass, so the autojumble can get a little muddy if the weather's wet, but a good meet with plenty to see & loads of jumble stalls. Aircraft landing & taking off all day. Usually several vintage bi-planes among them. Over 100 aircraft, from microlights to ex Russian fighter trainers, are kept onsite. Mass take-offs from the field at around 3pm each day over the Bank Holiday weekend. The airfield manager's a biker, so they're motorcycle friendly -a good destination for a ride-out with the caffeteria being open all year round to visitors from 8am - 5pm in the Summer & 8am - 4.30pm in the Winter.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:06:30 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:21:39 PM »

Just visited the airfield site and it says

Aero/Autojumble & Classic Vehicle Rally & Fly-in postponed. See 2nd & 3rd August.

Odd because I had an email from Dick Richardson dated yesterday that didn't say anything about postponement!  Maybe he thought I'd already seen that bit.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:07:59 PM »

Bugger! I was looking forward to that one.
The postponement notice wasn't there yesterday Bobbi.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »

From Dick Richardson..

Sorry to have to inform you that the showground - the field we use - is totally waterlogged and I have been forced to cancel the event.  Even if the sun shines, the ground wont be fit......sorry.  We intend to reschedule on 2 & 3 August...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: