May 21, 2024, 10:44:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotrod Hayride 30th July - 1st August 2010  (Read 17607 times)
panthershaun

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »

considering i just stuck me camera through the open window whilst standing on a chair this pic of scarlett daggers looks like she is looking straight into the camera

she was, take  look at the look on her face, she's wondering who the old perv at the window was  Grin Grin Grin Wink

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
JayJay

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »

I had a great time and I sure didn't camp.  Chevy Rick and I had a lovely room in a lodge that we could park the pick-up outside and just load all our gear straight through the front door.  The room was en-suite plus it had a fridge, TV, toaster and kettle plus cups, plates and cutlery with even the makings for tea and coffee.  We were ideally located, just a five minute walk from the main function building but far enough away from the rowdy campers especially those peeping toms who like to photograph scantily clad women through open windows!  Shocked

I really have to go back next year to make the most of the event.  This year was more a scoping job, finding out what goes on and what you need, to be prepared for it.  The amount and variety of vehicles just took your breath away - in some ways there were just too many to take in.  I am looking forward to seeing all of Rick's photos because I can savour them all in my own time.  I know he has photographed many more vehicles than I actually saw.  He went around all the campsites and found all the vehicles hidden amongst the tents and caravans.  I didn't mind going around the campsite at Beaulieu when the Victory Wheelers had their show but at Bisley I felt like I was trespassing in peoples homes, so I left Rick to it.  Maybe it was because they were all so tightly packed and sometimes you literally had to step over the tent lines to get through.

The bands were good and on the Saturday I dressed up in all my rock n roll finery - netted polka dot dress, stockings, flower in my hair and even my 4 inch polka dot heels.  I really needed my walking stick that night! I felt really good and even managed a dance in the main hall with all the other tightly packed dancers.  Grin

Earlier in the day Rick and I went to the stock car racing track which was near Four Marks.  It was fun watching some of our fellow Hayriders taking their vehicles around the track two at a time.  Some just took a leisurely spin while others really went for it and tried to lap the other driver.  Quite a few spun out in their exuberance.  They also brought on some actual stock cars (about seven I think) and they were very entertaining.  Again, they really went for it and gave us a very tight race.  Just after we left the track, one of the stock cars went for it too much and ended up smashing it up.  We saw them later all being trailered back to the camp.

On Sunday we had a leisurely morning, having a really nice full English breakfast at one of the club houses; catching up with people we knew or had met on our visit; having a last look around the stalls (mainly clothes) and getting a good seat for the soapbox derby.  I really enjoyed this.  It was very entertaining and some of the soapboxes were brilliant.  A lot of work had gone into them. There were lots of heats so it did take a while to complete but I enjoyed every minute especially supporting the Victory Wheelers entry which was piloted by Simon. He managed to get through two rounds but was narrowly beaten in the third.

Once this event was over, the camp soon began to empty.  Rick had to get some LPG for the Chevy so we drove to Guildford where our visit coincided with the Guildford Cruise at the Burger King.  There we met up with Phil (with the Chrysler New Yorker), Keith, who now has a Triumph Dolomite with a V8 engine (he can only just shut the bonnet!) and Postie Dave in his Consul.  Oh there was someone else - a shifty looking bloke with a camera driving a car very much like the one shown below.  Well it was great to see them all.  We waited for a very elusive man called Andy but in the end we had to shoot off to get home for Alfie.  Roll Eyes

When we got home poor Alfie didn't know who to make a fuss of first.  He spent most of the evening going from one lap to another making sure we didn't disappear again.  Bless him.  We will have to take him with us next time.

I thoroughly recommend the event.  Yes it seems expensive - £210 for the accommodation and tickets but that is for three days and for two people so I think it was good value.  We pay out for food and fuel at any event so we would have spent on that regardless.

See you there next year.

JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
renegade53

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »

she was, take  look at the look on her face, she's wondering who the old perv at the window was  Grin Grin Grin Wink

yer just jealous panther. if beckys dad still has the caravan next year that'll be summat to look at borrowing for the weekend. beat putting up the bungalow. they do have the cabins not surte on the cost of those. great fun though for the weekend.
and honest it wasn't me in the freak show

Chevy Rick

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 10:38:55 PM »

This is a taster of a great weekend JJ and I have just had, still buzzing with the nostalgia.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 10:53:20 PM »

Some nice shots there Rick.
JJ, you look fabulous! Not sure about the dodgy geezers in the hats though. O.K, I'm sold. I'll be there next year!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Archie

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 10:20:03 AM »

Gutted I missed this!! Will be there next year for sure!
panthershaun

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »

perhaps the name should be changed to Hillbilly Shaun  Grin Grin Grin good pics Mr Chevrolet Richard, Andy this is the only event I really like to do, no attitude, no hassle just a good mellow time  Cool Cool Cool

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
afghanman

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2010, 07:14:04 PM »

Looks like a whole heap of fun Cool

pkdsculpture.moonfruit.com
renegade53

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2010, 08:14:58 PM »

here's backdraft at night. oh and it is very load so turn down the sound  Sad or even better turn it right up  Grin Grin Grin and get the neighbours wondering what noisey git is out there  Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9IN-WS9IGQ
enjoy
was gonna trim back the last second but changed me mind.
yep still going through the pics.

renegade53

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »

some tasters from me

renegade53

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »

55 gasser

renegade53

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 09:08:10 PM »

shaun chilling out

renegade53

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »