May 17, 2024, 11:54:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565030 times)
The North

« Reply #5145 on: August 16, 2012, 08:17:46 PM »

That pickup is nice, and everything is right they say covetousness is a sin dont they.  Grin
panthershaun

« Reply #5146 on: August 17, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »

superb truck Kapri, nice looking conversion on the brakes Manky...

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5147 on: August 17, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »

No sooner have I rediscovered my mojo, than I lose a weekend's building time.
Didn't finish work till 5 this evening, so too late for workshopping.
Tomorrow I'm working in the morning then driving over to Wiltshire for my brother Brock's annual workshop barbeque.
There's a couple of shows on locally on Sunday, but depending whether Loony's there or not, I really ought to put some time in on the Pop, making the brake pipe tabs, fitting the brake switch & re-routing it's wiring etc.
Looking forward to the day when all I have to do is decide which show to drive it to.  Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5148 on: August 22, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »

Not posted for a couple of days. I ended up going to a bike show on the Sunday, then Loony had a couple of rush jobs on in the spray booth, so I kept out of his way. Finally got back to the Pop this afternoon. I've moved the hydraulic brake light switch from the back of the master cylinder, under the driver's floor, where it was the lowest part of the vehicle, up to the front chassis cross member, where it's tucked out of harm's way. When loading the Pop onto Scottie's recovery truck to go to the SVA test, we very nearly ripped the switch off -which would've resulted in a complete loss of brakes. Much safer now.
Need to buy some wire before I can connect it back up.
I've also made the front caliper brake pipe mounting tabs, which bolt to the rear of the calipers. I'll paint & fit them tomorrow.
While I was at Brock's workshop on Saturday I blagged an offcut of plywood so can mark out & cut a decent template for the windscreen.
Not much progress, but every little helps.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:08:47 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #5149 on: August 23, 2012, 06:40:40 AM »

Keep at it mate it will be done soon Grin
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:56:13 PM by TwistedPatience » Logged

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5150 on: August 23, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »

Hiya Doc.
I'd love to trailer it to the Hotrod Drags at Stratford on Avon in a couple of weeks time, just to be able to cruise around in it for the weekend. I'm told you & Loony are getting together there for the weekend, (not a romantic liason -well, I don't think so anyway).
Can't find a sensibly priced way of transporting it though. If we could, you & he could have it to play with on Friday & Saturday until I come up on the Sunday, (I have to work Saturdays). Any ideas?

TwistedPatience

« Reply #5151 on: August 24, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »

No mate, don't think the old bill would like a trike pulling two trailers do you.

Would be a hoot tho'

Marcus would be a better person to ask but I suppose you have already done that.

Looking forward to catching up may have a goody or two for the Pop and no it's not brass!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5152 on: August 24, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »

Cheesy
Brock will be racing -he's determined to hit 150mph at this meet. If he does, a little birdie tells me he plans a tattoo to mark the occasion!
CunningPlan should also be campaigning his new coupe & Scottie will be there with Tiki Munkey.
So I'm sure they'd appreciate some extra pit crew if you feel like volunteering your services.

Seriously, I'd love to get the Pop there if anyone has transport available, (14th - 16th September).

TwistedPatience

« Reply #5153 on: August 24, 2012, 10:31:55 PM »

I volunteered early mate, I will pit for who ever needs help if I can but I have said that I will help Tony with Cunning Plan.

Hope I can get video of Brock trying for that best pack the tripod.

Might take the mini cam and laptop too I know I'll only get two hours but I may be able to get some good footage from cam on Brock's point of view, but need the lap top to set it up.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:52:42 AM by TwistedPatience » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5154 on: August 25, 2012, 01:53:21 PM »

That'd be great. If we ever manage to fix the main site, maybe we could add a copy of that to his first video.

one arm bandit

« Reply #5155 on: August 25, 2012, 05:33:56 PM »

stratford on avon?? is that at the racecourse mm, if so just aa route finded its on 60 mile for me may have a trike down Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5156 on: August 25, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »

Same town, different venue.
Shakespeare County Raceway, (known affectionately as "Shakey"), formerly known as Avon Park, formerly known as Long Marston airfield.

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?event=85

Not cheap at 18 quid per person for the day on either the Saturday or the Sunday, or 30 quid for the weekend, (Friday to Sunday) -cheaper if you buy advance tickets, but if you haven't been to a drag meet before, this is the one to go to, trust me.

one arm bandit

« Reply #5157 on: August 25, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »

sounds like a plan hope to try and get there, ile don the mmm t-shirt then your big bro wont think im a stalker knocking around. are you going yourself mm with or with out the pop,mind i would love to see her Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5158 on: August 25, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

Smiley
I'd love to be driving the Pop there, but just ain't gonna happen -yet. Next year though!
Still got doors to fit & bodywork to sort & a windscreen to buy, cut down & fit. Then it needs an MOT. Then I have to pay for the insurance, (no idea how much that'll cost), then trailer it up to my local DVLA office in London for a paperwork check. Then pay for the road tax & any fees they might add on top. Then wait for the logbook & a letter to show to the numberplate manufacturer.
Then we can drive it. And probably break down on our first trip out. Cos that's what customs do.
So no, it's unlikely to be there I'm afraid -unless anyone has a car trailer & a decent sized motor to tow it with that they ain't using that weekend.  Grin
I have to work on Saturdays, so I go for the day on the Sunday. Loony should be there & so will Doc, (Twisted Patience). Tony, (CunningPlan), will be both racing & marshalling, (hardest working man on the track), & big brother Steve, (Brock), & Lesley, (Mrs Brock), will be there. They're the annoyingly organised ones with the big white race transporter truck. Just go up to their pitch in the pits & say You are Brock, I claim my free cup of coffee. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you.  Smiley
Gina & Scottie will be racing too I believe in Tiki Munkey. Who else? Erm, I happen to know Blue, the scary Back Street Heroes lady will be a member of someone's crew for the day, but I'm not saying who's. Lots of people to chat with.
If you can make it, the campsite will be full of hotrods & 50s style bobbers & I'm told the bar's the place to be on Saturday night.
The pits are open for everyone to wander around & there's some awsome machinery there. I don't really follow the racing, I just love the noise & the spectacle of it all. Trade stands, food, free grand stand seating, the chance to get up close & personal to some of the coolest, (& fastest), cars in the country -have I sold it to you yet?
See you there matey.

TwistedPatience

« Reply #5159 on: August 26, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »

OAB just go you won't regret it! Grin

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: