May 16, 2024, 07:27:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: xs 750 yamaha  (Read 25723 times)
hornet6

« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »

I understand what you mean kev. Little hobby stuff that you can sell ,can rapidly gather into a high pressure part time job. A few months ago,I made a battery box for a bloke who owned a vw beach buggy. He had contacted me through ebay. That led to me making 2 others for his mates on the forum that he goes on....then another person wanted a custom window washer bottle making.
All of this was happening at the same time when I was busy at work,busy with orders on ebay. It meant each night coming back from work,having some tea,take the dogs a quick walk,then straight in the garage for a couple of hours each night. Getting the money is great,but its not everything.
Doing all these bits n pieces and favours means you have,nt got enough time to spend on your own projects....you need to hit just the right balance. 

no projects ever finished
zakboy

« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »

I understand what you mean kev. Little hobby stuff that you can sell ,can rapidly gather into a high pressure part time job. A few months ago,I made a battery box for a bloke who owned a vw beach buggy. He had contacted me through ebay. That led to me making 2 others for his mates on the forum that he goes on....then another person wanted a custom window washer bottle making.
All of this was happening at the same time when I was busy at work,busy with orders on ebay. It meant each night coming back from work,having some tea,take the dogs a quick walk,then straight in the garage for a couple of hours each night. Getting the money is great,but its not everything.
Doing all these bits n pieces and favours means you have,nt got enough time to spend on your own projects....you need to hit just the right balance. 
Thats exactly the way i see things beeing john  some times your time is worth more you to than money.....your spot on mate

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: