May 16, 2024, 03:11:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody used one of these Zodiac brian box  (Read 2147 times)
mouse

« on: November 16, 2015, 01:37:06 PM »

http://catalog.zodiac.nl/en/Catalog/04+Lighting,+Indicators+%C3%BE+License+Mount/Lighting,+Indicators+%C3%BE+License+Mount/Wiring+Harnesses+%C3%BE+Modules/THE+ZODIAC+BRAIN+BOX+%C2%A8LITE%C2%A8/Product.aspx

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/007mouse/_57_zps1whsdejv.jpg
anybody used one of these Zodiac brian box

The ultimate solution for "Burned-Out" mini switches. More and more Custom builders are using the "Petit" or "Mini" handlebar switches to operate lights etc. These mini switches can't handle the current flow if used in the same way as the stock switches. The contact area of the mini switches is simply too small and they will burnout. This electronic box will eliminate all problems related to too many Amps flowing through too little switches. It has 4 electronic relays build in that can be activated with a minimum of current flow. This will eliminate all problems related with burning handlebar switches. The thin electric wires needed to connect this relay unit to the handlebar controls can easily be routed inside the handlebar. The Mini-Relays box now has a build-in self-canceling turn signal relay and measures only 3" long, 2" wide and 1" high, so can be fitted easily under a tank or side cover. Comprehensive instructions for ease of installation are included.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:44:05 PM by mouse » Logged

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »

At 132 Euros, don't think I shall be investing any time soon Grin mini-relays for heavier loads will do fine for me! Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 05:52:13 PM »

Iv used one ,and my mate uses them on and off ? You can get similar things cheaper..zodiac parts are rather expencive

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
mouse

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »

cheers guys  Smiley Stinkey do you what the other makes are ?

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
Olds

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 09:44:19 AM »

Personaly I would always make my own.  Individual relays cost from £4 to about £24 for a latching relay. Vehicle Wiring Products do a variety of relay and fuse boxes, as do CBS.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:03:40 AM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 10:09:18 AM »

Can't remember off hand ?  Try looking on ebay motors (USA ) or contact Simon at Attitude Customs in Southampton ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: