May 15, 2024, 11:21:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: at the end of my teather with this UNreliant  (Read 4929 times)
one arm bandit

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 09:41:46 AM »

:Dcutting the trike up was not on my list, i thought about hanging it from the ceiling as a clothes airer, i agree its a float derived problem ile check the level and take the blocked return off(the price of fuel ile catch it in a bottle) ile look at it this after as i want to get the other few bits done and if i start messing trying to start it one of two things will happen, 1 it wont start and ile waste another day getting angry    2 it will start and ile spend the day riding around my new testing facilaty(nicely rolled feild)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »

Riding it around -that doesn't sound like a waste of time to me!
The needle valve in my truck carb just seemed to be gummed up with old fuel after it'd been stood for a while.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
one arm bandit

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »

ssssshhhhhh i fixed it, top of the float bowl i thought 1 was fuel feed and 1 was return to the tank didnt realise it was a vent untill fifer came to the rescue (thanks again fife), so i put a bolt in a 3" fuel line... took it off today and it ran perfect fired up first time and without the choke so on a plus that rebuild of the carb did wonders tuned her all up tweeked the ignition and now it really does sound like an expensive rebuilt new motor.  did the handbrake aswell so thats sorted made a couple of brackets to house the cable and a new lever attachment which use's the nylon wheel for balence will take pics tomorrow
skates

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »

lol. i did that when i rebuilt my carbs 1st time round.

if at first you don't succeed. hit the fecker with a hammer
one arm bandit

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »

i did it on my kit car years ago but that used a webber, so i thought nothing of it doing this su. having never owned one before i needed telling it was a vent not return feed Tongue i said it would turn out to be somthing so simple,
ROD

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 01:51:07 PM »

So you'll take the clothes off the airer now then? Grin Grin Grin
one arm bandit

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »

it was crap as an airer my best y-fronts stink of petrol now. Cheesy
Hagar

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »

it was crap as an airer my best y-fronts stink of petrol now. Cheesy

At least they would come with Skid Marks  already on them   ..........   Grin

..  Hagar  ..   Grin 

" When you have to kill a man , it costs nothing to be polite. "  .. Winston Churchill
one arm bandit

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy there the brown ones with cream trim so may be traces of skidders as i chose the colour carefully i dont need to wash them an hour on the airer and away you go Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: