May 13, 2024, 10:09:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: RELIANT REGISTERED TRIKE THATS NOT  (Read 10185 times)
bitzman5

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, 11:03:01 PM »

Cheers Andy thought it was rumors as such my mate has the msva manual 6 months old not in that

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
Cabman77

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 07:58:27 AM »

Strictly speaking a welding cert is only valid for the sort of work for which the test was done. It used to be a nightmare doing work for Mobil, we could only use certain welders on certain jobs etc etc and, as far as I know, there is no code for vehicle frames as such, it would be interesting to see how that would work.

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
bitzman5

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 12:54:53 PM »

thanks Cabman77 that also makes it more believable as a rumour

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
Cabman77

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »

With no disrespect to any welders reading, but a trained monkey can adequately weld with a mig welder. Once the happy medium between cold overlay and undercut has been achieved then a 6mm fillet weld is a simple thing to do. However a coding for a mig welded 6mm fillet is totally different to a code for 6mm butt weld using arc and this is why they were never interchangeable. Some guvnors would juggle codes around to get past an insurance inspection but the facts are still the same. Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 07:14:23 PM »

HI EVERBODY i was at a local MAG rally this weekend loads of trikes allsorts but  on chit chat with some there is rumors that our self build frames will have to be welded by a coded welder and proof of welding cert is there any body cant tell me is this true or here say THANKS (PICS TO FOLLOW WHEN RESIZED)

As every one else had said it's rubbish. It just an excuse not to get the thing SVA'd and registered properly.  Roll Eyes

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: