May 14, 2024, 04:57:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY paintwork  (Read 8438 times)
voodoo

« on: January 26, 2011, 12:20:19 AM »

Been mulling over an idea for a while now and asked a few people there views on it but want to get some feedback to my idea from members on here...
I am thinking about giving members a chance to be able to paint there own bodywork etc at my workshop using my equipment ( saves you shelling out around a grand for your own gear lol) and getting a complete walk through from me whilst they paint the items for themselves...or basically I will teach you how to paint the items you bring with you... I have no idea on what would be exceptable to charge people so please feel free to offer your opinions...
You can either supply your own materials or get me to purchase them for you, you WOULD have to supply your own spraying mask and it must be a Isocyanate A1 B1 and P2 Safe Face Mask Respirator if you want to paint with 2K paints or Lacquers..NO MASK then NO SPRAYING its that simple..
  ...a semi disposable version can be purchased cheap enough from here.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360335740478&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Either that or bring your own Air Fed mask with you.....
You can get to say that you did all the work yourself when anyone asks you about your Bike/Trike paintwork...
You can use Pearls..Kandies..Flip/Chameleon or standard colors...MetalFlake...Marble...I will even be willing to let you do some basic flames or artwork if that what you are after...
I also have a guest room for those wishing to do this but are not local...it will take 2-3 days to paint your stuff from start to finish ideally 4-5 days  but as long as bodywork is handled with care a long weekend will do it.....

I do not run my paintshop as a business as its only a hobby to me now but would of loved to had this sort of opportunity when I first got into building etc as it would of saved me from all those real bad rattle can sprayjobs lol....let me know what you think please....
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:33:23 AM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
thebigdogsix

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »

I really like the idea of this mr voodoo. I would love the opportunity to have a go at painting my own trike and learn the rudiments of spray painting. As for your question how much to charge i have no real idea but as a Yorkshire man (please read short arms long pockets  Cheesy ) and not having a regular job the less the better to be honest but i know you need to make some dosh or its not worth your effort 
Il watch this thread with interest
Oh and let me know if you decide to take things further please
Dan
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:48:35 PM by thebigdogsix » Logged
voodoo

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:56:28 PM »

HHMM not had any real response to this so not sure what people think about it....I was thinking of Charging £75 a day as whilst doing this I can not paint anything else myself and as such cant earn lol....I paid £150 a day plus £30 a night for a B&B not long ago to go to an Airbrushing course that turned out to be total B****X but that does seem to be the average price when its to do with paintwork.....so I think half of what others charge is a good price but thats just me, plus unlike those courses you will be getting to paint what you want with what you want...please let me know what u lot think.....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
thebigdogsix

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »

Ive never been on any course like this but that seems like a fair price to me. I suppose that something like you are proposing is a bit different but most courses would have a program of events and profesional work space so more overheads and this is reflected in the price

Dan
voodoo

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »

Yep with me you will learn what you need to know to be able to paint the items you want and if any help is needed I can pitch in...as you have said I dont have the overheads that the courses charge as its my hobby now and not my living, but then again I dont have 4 people at a time doing the paintwork either....oh it would be so nice to be able to earn £600 a day just for telling people what to do lol.....Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
thebigdogsix

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »

oh it would be so nice to be able to earn £600 a day just for telling people what to do lol.....Voodoo...

Agreed lol
goforest

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »

What a fantastic idea how big is your workshop I've got a beach buggy.I can paint but have never done costom work and would love to learn,will you be going to Basingstoke maybe we could have a chat there
Paul
voodoo

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »

Hiya...Basingstoke is a yes so will see you there...workshop is big enough to get a Buggy bodyshell in easy enough as I get trikes in no problem...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
goforest

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 08:43:21 AM »

Buggies a complete driver It's been at Basingstoke last couple years I'll get Andy to introduce us
Paul
Firery Fred

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »

This seem to be a brilliant idea,wish you lived closer to me  Cry

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
voodoo

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 09:52:29 PM »

Well anyone who is not local is welcome to the guest room if they want to come down and do some paint....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »

Paint shop being remodelled so nothing happening for a week or so....Anyone wanting to do this now does not have to worry about bringing a mask as Ive got a new Airfed mask they can use plus can now let them have some painters overalls to keep everything nice and clean, plus if they want some homework I have a 9 disc paint spraying course set of DVD's they can take away at a tenner a fiver  a time as feeling generous...Voodoo....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:01:32 AM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »

I would be very interested in the 9 disc course if you are willing to let it go without your expert tuition as I can't afford that at the mo. Cheers.

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
voodoo

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »

Hiya...email me your address and I will sort out a set....Even better for you as ive decided to do them at £5 a set...
Materials arrive today to start my spray booth build, atm the whole of my workshop is full to capacity with all the stuff ive had to move out of the way.....Fingers crossed it all arrives early so I can get stuck in and get the framework up and the back wall all fitted...if I get stuck into it I should have it done before the weekend....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
thebigdogsix

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 09:43:17 PM »

You should have email voodoo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: