May 14, 2024, 05:48:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: snow  (Read 7719 times)
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »

The other night after a wedding took 3 hrs to get 20 miles , the taxi driver couldn't drive in snow to save his life and we were mainly stuck outside a police station ,  there was a copper who was trying to help others ( BMW's) to keep the road clear and after attempt no 3 i asked if he would charge me if i got in and drove up the hill and he said yes with a smirk on his face , after attempt no 7 he was asking if i thought i really could get it up the hill . just at that point a 4 x 4 driver gave us a tow but it didn't end there, we ended up needing 5 tows in total and then he tried to charge me £52 for the pleasure , i passed him a £20 and walk the rest , about 1 mile in me kilt , i was a bit cold .
the next day we set off for Edinburgh and normally its about 2.5 hrs there but after 8 we were just 5 miles shy of Dundee and that 90 miles down the road , we never got to Edinburgh as all the roads got closed so we headed home , 12 hrs total time , mind you we got to sit in a snow Storm that had thunder and lightning.

here's the wife's car after the first 2 days, 1 and a half feet  . the temps was -18 the other night and we are set for more snow yet , just as well i don't mind it
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2010, 10:28:59 PM »

Minus eighteen?!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
cunningplan

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »

Been cold here, but not that cold, the second car I tested today had the outside temp on the dash, at 10 it was only still -6, did not seem to warm up all day (The garage dont get any sun in the winter.)
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2010, 12:16:02 PM »

i must point out that its not always that cold here the norm just now is about - 5 and rising to 0 during the day , we havent had snow today but it aint shifting. trying to get into my garage to make my front muguard and finish the tank as the artist ( painter ) want them for the start of January , but im running out of time due i cant open the garage door cause of all the bloody snow
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »

I'm really disappointed with the snow in Hatfield, rubbish. Blame the smackheads, their snorting it up faster than it can settle Angry Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: