May 13, 2024, 09:09:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: andy youve done it again  (Read 6786 times)
tony b

« on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:59 AM »

congrats andy youve done it again mate ,got the BSH mag this morning and muffins trike is in there,great write up and youve not only got your name in it but there is a pic of you in the garage aswell.
nice one mate ,i fell honoured to have you email address,lol.

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
tazet
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »

Grin We've not got ours yet. Think they Surrey posties are slow.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:13:48 PM »

Not down to me mate. Mr Muffin wrote the original words. I just tidied 'em up a little. Taz & I took the piccies between us, (haven't seen the mag yet so don't know how well the low res' pocket camera shots worked in print), & the ever dependable Wizzy did the rest.
She values her privacy, but it's been mentioned here before so no big secret, Wizzkitt is our very good friend Blue of Back Street Heroes fame, (or AWoL for the hardcore bikers among us).
A pic of me? Bugger, there goes my Super Hero secret identity.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:48:23 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tony b

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:01:58 PM »

you know blue,wow any chance of a bsh t shirt ,lol.its crimbo soon.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 01:01:31 PM »

We also know PantherShaun & Desperate from BritChopper -friends to the stars us.  Tongue
You're building a trike from freebies & favours & you want us to clothe you too?! We'd like to keep her as a friend so no, buy yer own bloomin' shirts!  Smiley
Just received a free copy of BSH in the post from Wizz, as well as one for Simon. Mistress Blue, you're mellowing! No acidic barbs? No cutting quips? A nice reworking of our words. Thank you. A couple of minor niggles -the frame was MIG'd, not TIG'd & the radiator's a British Leyland Mini one, not a BMW Mini, but Si will still be a very, very happy Bunny, (he's not known for his shy retiring nature & will love the exposure -so to speak). Shame there wasn't another shot of him in his battle re-enactment uniform to explain the Napoleon Solo title, (nice -that one hadn't occurred to me), but again, thank you.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 01:04:26 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 06:22:10 PM »

Tony, your begining to remind me of that Johny Cash classic, " I took it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime.....", Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »

And look how that one turned out!  Cheesy

tony b

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 09:27:49 PM »

is that a brown bess musket hes got .  i used to be in an american cival war society and it can give a kick like a mule,especially if you put a tripple charge down the spout.

Shriva

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 12:33:02 AM »

Hmm, maybe i'll try and get a writeup in one of the magizines over here after i do mine next year! that would be cool!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 01:15:16 AM »

Yup, tis a Bess I believe. Has to be kept in a locked gun cabinet, (not when he's using it obviously -that'd be a little cumbersome to lug around a battlefield). Si takes it all quite seriously & regularly travels down to Kent for drill practice with his "regiment". They fight the French in the name of good King George all over the place, including an annual pilgrimage to Waterloo in Belgiuum.

Shriva- go for it matey. Why not. Back Street Heroes use either transparency film or more commonly now, digital pics, as high resolution as you can. I just bunged the photo fiolder & the write-up in a Word document on a disc & posted it to young Blue & they did the rest. They pay about 150 quid for a complete feature, but the money's not really important, it's just a real buzz to see your stuff in print.
I'm thinking of submitting the Pop pick-up to Ol Skool Rodz on your side of the pond when it's done. I think they'd appreciate a British rod, built using 99% British parts.   

reliantman

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 08:52:24 PM »

I just got BSH today and agree that it is a good write up. Nice looking trike.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »

Check the chop on pages 38 to 42. Owned by one Frank Van Geffen from the Netherlands.
Doesn't ring any bells? He owns the yellow sedan ratrod I helped rescue a few months ago when he & his mate broke down on their way to the Hotrod Hayride.
Frank's sedan
Have a look at the contents page of Back Street Heroes, above the photo of young Simon showing off his weapon -his musket. Lurking behind the Zero style chop at the top of the page is Frank's yellow sedan.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:43:25 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

tbone

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »

Check the chop on pages 38 to 42. Owned by one Frank Van Geffen from the Netherlands.

I can`t, still not got my copy yet!

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 10:44:45 PM »

Really? You got a subscription? It's in the shops down here.

tbone

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 10:51:18 PM »

It may have arrived today, but i`m thinking its got lost in the christmas post, I`ll have to go buy one! I hope whizzkit is saving room in the next two issues for yours and Taz`s Grin

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: