May 14, 2024, 10:46:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Rods 2013 trip  (Read 7177 times)
Mendalot

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »

So, SWMBO, wont do the ......... 2 by 2 by 2,      2 pairs under wear, 2 pairs shorts and 2 T shirts,    and see where the road takes you Huh?
Dont need a lot of room on the Trike for that  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin 

Precision Guesswork ......... What else do you need?
ROD

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »

Nope! Its taken a fair bit of persuasion to get her on the trike at all,let alone travel distances,so I want to make it as good as I can for her.So Im using the "what the lady wants,she (nearly ) always gets",with a bit of compromise thrown in! I,and the rest of the family,think she has entered into the trike thing in great spirit,so I dont want to rattle her too much! Grin  Therefore Im temporarily extending the 'behind the rear seat' rack into a wrap around the rear seat type,so that the area over the mudguards can be used,to get more gear on for the trip and also to make her feel more secure.

bit of useless info update ........been struggling for about 6 hours solid to find reasonably priced hotel in La Rochelle.They are either really expensive (£550 for 2 nights! Shocked) or so far out of the main resort that it would cost an arm and a leg for taxis! Looked at all sorts of accom. cos I was determined we would have a good time in the resort area and not have to worry about driving in/out of the town,therefore not being able to have a beer.Finally found one for a lot less that looks ok,is fairly close to the night life and has a car park!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:16:35 PM by ROD » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:50 AM »

It's really happening then Rod! That's great. Good to see one of our own flying the nest & setting off to explore the World!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »

Was planning to go to Rome on my Trike during the summer months this year but events of the last few days may have put the mockers on that.

Hope you have a good time and if I still manage to do my trip I might see you on the way back!

Might have to be next year for me!

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »

Hope things are O.K with you Iain?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:29:47 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

ROD

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »

Yeah,whats happened then Iain?
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »

My boy had a some problems at home over Christmas which I won't go into. Needless to say that I was not happy withn the situation and had to intervene.

He is now living with me, for the time being at least. What happens now I don't know but I'm trying to get all involved to grow up, except my boy who has displayed a level of calmness and consideration way beyond his years and has done nothing wrong.

Nothing really terrible here but alot of sadness and some big decisions to make that will affect his future. Hopefully all concerned can learn from this and move on without any further damage being done.

It will all be alright in the end. If it's not alright it's not the end!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »

Feel for ya mate. Hope it all works out O.K

ROD

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 08:50:54 AM »

Hope it straightens itself out Iain. Sounds like youve had a rough year then.
hunter

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »

Sounds like he has it under control.
All the best mate.

I
andyrennison

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »

......... If it's not alright it's not the end!

Thats a great way of seeing things Smiley

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »

......... If it's not alright it's not the end!

Thats a great way of seeing things Smiley

Look at it any other way then you'd give up!

I'm at my wits end with people that populate my day to day existence. I'm absolutely sick of having to sort out the consequences of other peoples mistakes,

This will be good year. It's taken along time for me to get this far but I'm not in the mood for messing around trying to keep people happy anymore.

If you are not happy it is certainly based around a decision you made at some point in your life and although other people have an effect on your life you always have a choice. I include myself in that  Grin

ROD

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2013, 09:14:54 PM »

Bit of an update on this...
 After a lot of faffing around booking stuff,cancelling,changing about and cancelling again etc,we've finally got the route etc sorted!..Hope our health etc is ok to go..
 So we are off for 3 weeks in July/August. Channel tunnel to Calais,then a ride south to Abbeville (about 70 miles).stay in B&B then off to another B & B for 2 nights  near Alencon (about 100/150 miles) visit Le Mans museum ,take pics of trike there etc.Next stop Tours,camping this time for 2 nights approx.Across to Bourges for a B & B, Then its 3 or 4 days at a trike and bike event camping in Commentry. Then head west to the coast..Cap Ferret. b &b's and possibly camping ,down the coast into Spain,Pamplona and around that area.Eventually, ferry from Bilbao home to Portsmouth.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »

Sounds like it's gonna be a great trip Rod. Hope you're gonna take us along for the ride.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »

Sounds wonderful!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: