May 14, 2024, 03:58:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Gertie goodies!  (Read 7145 times)
spanners

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 11:38:57 PM »

It might help if you did not insist on taking your golf clubs bobbi  Smiley

that needs to be a perminent mod  Wink  suicide shift B.G. style  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »

It's an old ladies' tent - I don't have to crawl and I can have a table and chair, and when I'm using the trailer I'll have a camp bed as well!

Junk indeed..............

------- goes off muttering................

I bought a new tent last year and was gobsmacked at the size of it! Can park my Beach Bastard in it and still have room to cook and sleep.

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »

All round to Byz's party tent then!  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »

Now then, seriously folks - do you think this looks too big?  It doesn't stick out at the side as much as the first pics seems to show cos I had put it to one side to avoid the numberplate but.......

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 05:51:51 PM »

OK it's fine then....

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
terry t

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 05:56:42 PM »

OK it's fine then....
just seen this BG. yes it do look fine. i would take the timber frame off if it was mine.
just for maintenance reasons.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »

I agree - it's extra weight as well - block who had it before put in cos of carrying wood etc.  Though I would like to get a hard top made so I can lock it - wonder if it's possible to get hold of some similar light alloy to the trailer body?

spanners

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »

ERDE,, do covers to fit there trailers  Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

Only soft ones for the 102 though -
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:00:14 PM by BikerGran » Logged

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 03:22:50 AM »

get one folded up at a sheet metal place

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
RODeo

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 08:12:15 AM »

My 2p.......An Aluminium cover would be good,but not too deep(high).Personally I would go for a flat lid with a slight curve in it left to right,easy to do ,therefore cheaper to have made.I also think the wood needs to go,and maybe colour co-ordinate  it to 'blend' it in with the trike, possibly a stripe all round it in blue would make it look lower ,and round off the stripe at the ends to make it look less boxy.
                        Rod
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 10:36:13 AM »

Nice curved hinged ali lid on gas struts so you don't have to lift it, (second hand car hatchback struts). Or a flat lid that lifts off, with hinged legs inside that fold out to form a camping table.
Some custom wheels to match the trike ones -you could use bigger diameter wheels & set the axle/indespension units up into the trailer base & crank the hitching arm so it sits lower to the ground, which would make it look smaller as well as lowering it's centre of gravity to improve handling.
Set the rear lights & number plate into the rear face of the box for a smoother, custom look.
Fit a caravan battery in the trailer to power all your camping accessories, (enough room in there for a microwave!). Handy for jumpstarting the trike too if you ever need it.
Take the whole lot to Loony, Clive or VooDoo for a matching trike/trailer custom paintjob. 60s/70s lace effect paint's back in fashion with some wild candy or 'flake panelling. Loony's keen to try his hand at that. Clive could reproduce your avatar cartoon on the sides of the box. Or VooDoo could give you a deep lustrous pearl lacquer over a marbled base. Lots of room there for young Ryan to go crazy with his pinstriping.
If ByzMax is updating the trike, maybe ol' Gertie deserves a face lift while she's apart too Bobbi.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:10:00 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 07:31:17 PM »

All sound good but the bank manager wouldn't like it!

Might get my son in law to have a go at a stripe on the trailer - he's an artist with a rattlecan!

nabsim

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »

That looks a similar size to the one hobbit used to pull with his cx trike Bobbi. He had his power chair in it as well as all the camping gear and it went all over. Should do you a good job Wink

RODeo

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »

Did I read somewhere there is a maximum width for trike trailers? Think it is 1 metre? Is that o/all width or the track width ,ie to the centre line of the tyres or summat? Also a maximum length ,something to do with the distance from rear axle of trike to the rear of trailer? Cant find where I read it now,p'raps Im talking gibberish (as usual,according to swmbo! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: