May 14, 2024, 01:11:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Gertie goodies!  (Read 7144 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: January 20, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »

Been talking to our very own Byzmax today about getting Gertie sorted - front end, towbar, etc!  It's really going to happen!

Grin Grin Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:23:55 AM »

Really? That's great news Bobbi. Nice to keep it "in the family" too. The very man for the job.  Smiley
I'm glad you've decided to hang on to Gertie the GT cos she suits you perfectly.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
terry t

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:00:59 AM »

That's good Bobbi. as Andy said. Iain is the best man for the job.
keep us posted on the alterations and photos
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:02:59 AM »

Wonderfull news Bobbi, it's so nice to see a vehicle grow with its owner ( Wink even if that is growing old and decrepit Shocked ).
Been trying to work out when I first met you and 'Gertie', gotta be over 10 yrs now, doesn't time fly Wink

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

There are various people much nearer to home who would have taken the job on but would probably have been out of their comfort zone and i know Iain is vastly experienced - chatting about the work just reinforced that.  And yes, it's good to have another Monkey involved!

Don't spose there'll be any photos till it's done as I won't be popping in to check on progress - too far for that!

10 years Simon?  Don't think so, I only bought Gertie in 2000, and I didn't join MMM till after 2004 - did we meet before MMM?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 12:50:58 PM »

Really pleased to be doing it!

I will put pictures up of Gerties progress as and when it happens. Looking to get started in a few weeks time.

For now I'm just going to do the planning and will add more info as it happens.

There is quite alot going on here in the workshop at the mo so I'll start a new thread for it all when I get a minute!

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
terry t

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »

Really pleased to be doing it!

I will put pictures up of Gerties progress as and when it happens. Looking to get started in a few weeks time.

For now I'm just going to do the planning and will add more info as it happens.

There is quite alot going on here in the workshop at the mo so I'll start a new thread for it all when I get a minute!

its nice to here your busy. Iain
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »

10 years Simon?  Don't think so, I only bought Gertie in 2000, and I didn't join MMM till after 2004 - did we meet before MMM?

Used to be with 'Ridersite', met you at the first camping weekend. I was the one with the 'grasstracking goldwing' Roll Eyes

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 01:51:09 PM »

Well if you will use a different name everywhere I meet you!   Grin

Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »

Wink

spanners

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »

there you are ,bobbi,      a legend in youre own lifetime  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i remeber the weekend when i first met you in person  Wink

infact i remember most of it very well... and yes sometime,s it still hurts when i larff  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »

You mean you remember a little bit of it very well don't you!

I guess if it hurts when you laff it's a useful reminder............   Wink Wink

spanners

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29:27 PM »

You mean you remember a little bit of it very well don't you!

I guess if it hurts when you laff it's a useful reminder............   Wink Wink

good time,s were had ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i  think,,,, if i remember right ,,, Wink Wink Wink   our richard has never been the same since,,, Shocked Shocked Shocked

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 05:47:02 PM »

Getting a bit ahead of myself - looked on Ebay to see how much trailers were going for and there was one in the next village - so I bought it! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130632558878?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

It's nearly new, very clean and tidy - but now I've got it home I think it might be too big!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: