May 02, 2024, 05:35:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: V max ???  (Read 3240 times)
the coppersmith

« on: July 14, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »

I have an itch, I need to scratch it soon. I have been offered a V max that needs some attention. Half built street fighter, the coil pack is dead according to the owner. So, my question is, what do I look for in a V max, I'm an old biker, my last brand new bike was a Z1, told you I was old, Haven't been out on a bike since my brain op 12 years back, but this looks like a bargain, or is it?.......... I know nuthin'..........Help.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:00:15 PM »

Used to have a lodger with a V-Max - one of the earlier ones with the full V-Boost - it was an animal! - (the bike not the lodger)

Since you mentioned 12 years off bikes and a brain op - I'd think there might be better choices................

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
the coppersmith

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 11:15:58 AM »

I scoured the net last night checking things out, the spares etc. and this may become a project, I never realised that they made so many Vmax and they seem to have a "marmite" following, I have a friend who lives quite a few miles away and he will come and give me some advice over the weekend in exchange for a very large Chinese and a few Gins. So I'm now in limbo, waiting for the weekend and its only Tuesday.
hunter

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 12:15:12 PM »

They make a nice trike.

I
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »

For what its worth, and apropos bugger all! my experience with S/H Nippon bikes, particularly of the larger variety, is......1.Buy only runners;2. Buy complete bikes, not basket cases. 3.  If you know the machine/owner, so much the better! Do not be taken in by such hoary chestnuts as ...."the carbs. only need cleaning! or." new plugs will fix it!" finally its worth paying a couple of hundred quid more for a straight and honest runner, as when you have to start fixing older Japanese motors, well, good luck, and "caveat emptor" buddy................... Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: