May 09, 2024, 07:13:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brake master cylinder  (Read 1448 times)
Brant

« on: November 22, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »

Can anyone point me to a master cylinder with 5/8" bore that has mounting bolt holes at rt angles in the body (like typical bike rear brake master cylinders) rather than through a forward facing flange (typical car type)?  The forward facing flange type would be a little awkward to fit in my build scheme.

I'm having difficulty finding out bore sizes of common bike rear brake master cylinders. Some people say bike cylinders have rather small bores but I'd like to know just what sizes are out there as it's possible a suitably sized one just might exist.  Can anyone help?
Brant

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 11:07:36 AM »

hi brant ,just checked up in a parts catalogue for harley bits and nearly all harley rear master cylinders tru the 80,s and 90,s have a 5/8 bore. i would have a look on ebay and see whats around .  it may also be worth your while looking on the USA ebay site , i have got quite a lot of bits for my harley from america even paying the postage from america it often still works out cheaper than what people want for harley parts in the UK. hope this helps you out .
                                   Turbomangler.

Hi Turbomangler.

Thanks for that.  I'll certainly follow-up on Harley master cylinders and if you do have a working spare then please let me know.  Anyone else got offerings on bike 5/8" master cylinders?

You're dead right about buying from USA.  I needed a Virago starter clutch and found it much cheaper to import from that there place.  Could have bought from UK but I would have to sell a kidney to afford it (wife refuses to sell the children).

Brant
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: