May 09, 2024, 12:53:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: handbrake solution  (Read 1532 times)
ozzy1966

« on: August 25, 2010, 05:11:39 PM »

my previous posting was for suggestions to which rear calipers,with handbrake would replace the rover metro front calipers which are now at thr rear. i found there was nothing that would bolt straight on, all optons required structural modifications and some expense. i then went along the path of fitting a brake caliper to the front wheel. only requiring on caliper seemed easy, but having thick ventilated discs ruled out all the early mechanically cable operated capilers such as the suzuki x5/x7. then i came across hispecbrake. they amoungst my other calipers make small billet/stainless cable operated handbrake calipers. suitable for discs 6mil to 26 mil thick, complete with pads (citreon cv). £65+vat.each, cabling can be provided at extra cost,£20 in my case.
these calipers can be fitted front or rear.
just thought to share this with you peeps, web address is
www.hispecbrake.co.uk
RODeo

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:14:46 PM »

Good find! I looked everywhere for a set up like that a while back ,but have gone another route now!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: