May 12, 2024, 07:44:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fresh Paint  (Read 1763 times)
voodoo

« on: September 07, 2009, 08:50:51 AM »

Well I decided I dont like the colour of the paint on my chop so I ordered some new paint which arrived today...I will be re-painting my chop sometime this week and will post pic's of it when ive finished.....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
tazet
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:52:40 AM »

Oooh so what colour have you gone for or is it a closley guarded secret till it's done  Grin
voodoo

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:53:32 AM »

Its a very nice shade of green...I hope lol......Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
tazet
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the finnished product. I know we've said that we'll do my Charger in grey but I just don't know now and I don't know what other colour to choose or what shade of grey. Too many choices. It's got to be right first time as it's such a big car and not a cheep job to do.
voodoo

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 08:05:40 AM »

Easy one....do it in grey primer..leave it for a few days to get used to the idea...then decide if its going to stay grey, if it is its a perfect base coat or get it painted another colour as you already have the base coat on...Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 08:27:21 AM »

I'm still rooting for mid grey, either satin or gloss, possibly with the MMMotors logo in black on the doors, with grey plain steel wheels & plain black leather interior. The idea was to build something that looked agggressive & built for go not show. We never set out to have a pretty, glitzy show car. It was supposed to be thrown together on the cheap to blat around & have fun in. Obviously the cost of the bodywork has kinda scuppered that & now we feel there's so much work gone into the sheet metal it'd be a shame to let it down with cheap paint.
I'd still like to see it simple & grey though -like me.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:35:18 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »

Did not know you was Grey?? ...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 12:06:18 PM »

I loved the black one I saw the other day.  First time I'd seen a Charger in the flesh and I loved the aggressive lines and thought the black suited it very well.

But yes, seeing it in grey primer should help you to decide whether you want it a lighter or darker grey or another colour - get phots when it's in primer and get some clever person to photoshop it to various different colours you're thinking of.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Stephen Mac

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 12:53:23 PM »

i saw a nice grey colour look at the new citroen grey
voodoo

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »

I have decided not to order paint when I am tired!....flatted out my tank and rear mudguard ready to paint this morning,got the base coat out...open the tin and then realised I had ordered  a plain Black and not a Pearl...doh!...oh well ive got some spare black paint that I can throw on my new chop......its always a sad moment when you take some 800 grit to a paint job just because you fancy a change lol...Voodoo.....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 09:22:40 AM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: