May 15, 2024, 04:12:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Horse fly mask  (Read 1681 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: July 31, 2014, 08:13:30 PM »

Don't know if these are a fairly new idea, or if I just haven't noticed them till the last couple of years.
Masks, made of fine mesh, that keep the flies from irritating horses' faces. The horse can still see perfectly well, (unless it's raining I'm told), but the pesky flies can't get in.
I suspect this pony's owner's not taking the problem seriously. Bet the horse thinks he looks fine!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »

I'm glad you have prewarned us. If I had seen a New Forest pony looking at me with those big eyes I might have driven off the road. They are cute though.

Perhaps that's what the ponies' owners ought to do. Make the border of the face mask out of that reflective material they usually put around their necks. Less ponies run over and more holiday makers get a memorable moonlight drive.

Win win.  Grin

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »

Seeing a lot of horses and ponies wearing fly sheets in the fields this year as well - that seems to be something new too.  Maybe the flies are worse this year, or maybe the manufacturer has been doing some very succesful marketing!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
hunter

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:51:59 PM »

Them are big horsefly's Grin Cheesy

I
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: