May 15, 2024, 07:43:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Black Pig.  (Read 3158 times)
tazet
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 06:29:10 PM »

The whole weekend was rubbish from start to finnish. Glad I'm home now. When I last went there it took me 1 and a half hours from Guildford. Well the M40 is quite a quick road and easy for a ton all the way, (ok a little more in places but I won't tell if you won't) Grin .
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »

Ta daaa!!
Da trophy. Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
65nova

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »

congratulations guys...you must be over the moon Grin
twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 08:46:13 AM »

well done mate.
panthershaun

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »

well done guy's  Grin chuffing shame I wasn't there  Cry Cry to chronicle it for Brit Chopper unless one of your "Team" fancies trying their hand at being a journo? you know you want to Wink

anyone got contact details for this dude?Huh come on Andy you must have Huh

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
lunatic

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 12:20:27 PM »

Ill give the journo thing a go! Cant go that wrong, can it!  Cheesy
That little beastie is owned by Odgie. Has'nt he done some bits for Britchopper before? If im wrong (probably!) he does some bits for 100% and I think Custom Car.
brock

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »

Just like to add my thanks to Lunatic and PD,it was a brilliant weekend.The large tyres that we usually run are completely shagged so we had the smaller set on, pushing Brock on my own Saturday was proving to be hard work.
When we got back to the pits after our 4th run of the day for Saturday it was a welcome relief to see the lads had arrived.We got the car ready to go back out while they set up, then we were off again getting another 2 runs in before the track shut for the day.Racing finished for the day I talked the lads through the checklist of getting the car ready after each run,that done time for beer and food followed by more beer.
Sunday morning arrived and about 9.00ish I thought I'd better get up and make a start as the track doesn't open until after 10.00 its a bit of a lazy start to the day.Boy was I in for a suprise, PD had been up for hours,well long enough to have had breakfast,cleaned the tyres,checked the tyre pressures,fuel,oil,steering linkage and loosened the seat belts,put the battery on charge ready,only thing left to do was fire up the generator (he said he didn't like to start the genny in case it woke us)if only everyone was that considerate.Which left me to sit with a cup of coffee and a cigarette and do absolutely nothing,I could get used to this. Grin
Brock surfaced just before 10.00 and fired her up ready to go.We gave a dial in of 10.03 as we had been running between 10.00 and 10.06's on Saturday,the 1st run and Brock managed a 10.04 never been that close to dial in before so it was an excellent start to the day,2nd run and a 9.90 bugger that's blown it,3rd run 10.02 maybe we can pull it back,4th run 9.94 nope we've blown it,still on the plus side we have never been so consistent.But then presentation time and we ended up 3rd which was a real suprise.So on that note once again a really BIG thanks to Lunatic and PD.
It will be great if you can make the minis lads,I'd like to get some photos of Brock as he comes through the finish line so I'll show you how to put him into stage on Saturday so I can watch from the other end, if your up for it.

Thanks again
Mrs Brock
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »

As I said in my text Shaun, Loony's angle on the racing as a newbie crew member would be much more informative than mine. I was just a spectator, but you're welcome to take your pick of my pics if they're any use.
Yup, I was told that was Crazy Odgie under that furry hat too. Car appears to be a rebodied bog standard Ford Pop.
I'll use the Brock's & Mr 2Lanes' accounts of the racing as a write up for the photo gallery if that's alright with you guys, (anything to save me having to write more stuff!).  Cheesy

lunatic

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »

Bog standard apart from all the front suspension and the 100e motor. Id be clever if I just knew that, but I read it somewhere! Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »

Alright clever clogs! I wouldn't have recognised the motor, (bought my Pop with an empty engine bay). Shortened parallel leaf springs on the front, but looked like a standard Pop beam axle, brakes, wheels, chassis, steering gear, steeriing wheel, pedals, seats, rear axle, fuel tank....

panthershaun

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 10:17:32 PM »

Our odgie eh sly bugger Roll Eyes I will have to drop him an email.
If you could have a go Looney that would be cool, got to go to sleep now as I'm cream etc  Cry Cry

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »

Andy, use anything i have writen that you want to mate.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 10:48:17 PM »

Fank U.  Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: