May 15, 2024, 08:09:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carb cable connections  (Read 1612 times)
nabsim

« on: June 03, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »

I have done a search but not sure if I wasn't using the right words (most likely) or it isn't on here (doubtful).

Anyway, what I am in need of is a picture that shows the throttle cable conntion and choke cable connection on an SU carb (HS4, Robin 850 engine). ALso should the choke and throttle cams be connected in some way or are they independant? Have had a browse of SU images and it has confused me more than ever, the Haynes manula tells me which is which (figured that anyway) but doesn't show the carb with all connections.

If nobody has a picture that shows this detail I should be able to see one in the flesh sometime over the weekend.

cunningplan

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »

hows this Huh

or this
nabsim

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »

Brilliant, is a different carb but that shows me what I needed Smiley

Now, last question hehehe, the choke part is not under tension or any return spring, if you move it then it stays where you let go. Is this right with the choke being a push/pull item or do I need a return spring?

Cabman77

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »

as far as I remember Reliant chokes were a pull on push off afair

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
nabsim

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »

as far as I remember Reliant chokes were a pull on push off afair

Cheers, I know it is a push/ pull but wasn't sure if there should be something at the carb end. Think thats all my questions answered, the SU and polished up water jacket looks so much nicer than the Webber, just hope it works Smiley

cunningplan

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »

You dont need a extra return spring on the choke as there is already one there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: