May 21, 2024, 12:28:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading CMA toy run. 7th December 08  (Read 4898 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: July 03, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »

Organised by the Christiam Motorcyclists' Association.
Meet at the old Shire Hall building in Reading, Berks, just off junction 11 of the M4.
Riding to the Dr Barnados home in Wokingham, Berks.

More details to follow.
Photos of last year's event here:

CMA toy run
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:53:38 PM by tazet » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Plainy Janie

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »

Glad you found the date for this one.  And yes I'll be there again this year, whether the Enfield wants to play a part in this or not, I don't care.

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:48:51 AM »

Gonna be wearing the Christmas Pudding costume again Janie?

Plainy Janie

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »

Ahh at least you knew what it was.  One lady thought I was dressed as a Robin!!! #

Yeah why not, I'll go dressed as the Xmas Pudding again - it was such a laugh being helped onto the bike so I could ride in it!

Plainy Janie

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:33:16 PM »

GOT IT!  The Christmas Pud will be there!

There are going to be about 20 of us travelling from Elvetham Heath, Fleet tomorrow morning, if anyone fancies meeting us there.  Leaving there about 12ish (lunchtime). 

Ride Safe all!!!!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:31:54 PM »

Janie, I know Ska Man will be on the run on his trike. I'll text him & see what his plans are.
2.0.clock start? I'll be there to wave you off.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »

Meet at the Foster Wheeler building, just off junction 11 of the M4 at 1pm, for a 2pm start.
Taz is working unfortunately, but I'll be there.
More info on the BBC Radio Berkshire website here:
Radio Berkshire

Also here:

CMA
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:09:23 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Plainy Janie

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 09:26:47 PM »

Had a great time today as always.  Due to the weather being kind to us today, an estimated 2000+ bikes / 4000 people turned up at the home, bearing gifts for the children living at Dr. Banardos.  Jacko arrived on the trike wearing a robins outfit, and I managed to go as the Christmas Pudding again.  Check this thread in a couple of days for the pictures.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:29:57 PM by BoopoopadoopGal » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:10:31 AM »

Well done Janie & Jacko!  Grin
Regular readers of the forum & those that actually read the write-ups that accompany some of the photo galleries on the main site, will know that I hate Christmas. I loathe the whole commercially pressurised false jollity of it all. Santa's just an ageing advertising executive who hit on a great pitch for flogging all kinds of unwanted stock at a slow time of year. And I hate kids too.
So I try to have as little to do with it all as possible.
Except for this toy run.
This is Christmas for me. It's what it's all about. Or at least what it should be about. Making an annual pilgrimage, to gather together with a bunch of total strangers, have a great time & do some good for the less fortunate. Works for me.
I've been doing the Reading to Wokingham toy run on & off for the best part of 20 years now & watched it grow from a couple of dozen guys, mainly real died in the wool Christian types who happened to ride bikes, to a couple of thousand bikers, travelling from all over the country on all kinds of machines. I spoke to one guy last year who'd ridden up from Cornwall, just for the half hour ride to the Barnados home.
This year I really didn't think I was going to make it. Haven't got a bike or trike on the road at the moment, so I was reduced to going along as a spectator in the trusty Ford Fiesta. Set out in plenty of time, (Taz was working so I was on my own), drove the hour & a half journey from Guildford to Reading with no problems. Came off the M4 at junction 11 -& hit a solid wall of traffic. There'd been an accident somewhere. So much traffic pouring onto the motorway exit roundabout from all directions I couldn't even work out where the crash had happened. I was within a mile of the toy run meeting point & not moving at all. Sat in the traffic, watching the time ticking by, for over an hour. Bugger, bugger, bugger.
Texted Janie, (Boopoopadoopgal), & was assured she was there taking photos for us. Good, at least someone is. Fire engines & Police cars weaved their way through the cars & eventually things started to move. I finally made it to the carpark of the Foster Wheeler office building literally 5 minutes before the 2 o clock start time. A quick Hello to a passing Christmas pudding, (Hi Janie), & they were off. A great turn out this year. A herd of trike riding Santas came streaming out of the carpark entrance, followed by snowmen, elves, reindeer, even a human Christmas Tree complete with working lights. Riding half a dozen abreast, it took 20 minutes or so for the procession to pass my vantage spot & disappear in a tooting, waving stream of tinselly goodwill.
I won't show you all 2000+ riders, but here's a couple of dozen. I'll post a full photo gallery once I've got Janie's contribution.
Here's Janie in Christmas pud guise & her Dad Jacko as a trike riding robin.   
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:53:33 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:11:31 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 12:13:03 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 12:13:48 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 12:14:24 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 12:15:09 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 12:15:56 AM »

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: