May 13, 2024, 01:26:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Registration ............  (Read 9273 times)
tbone

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 09:22:11 PM »

To register a vehicle for the first time at a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) local office you will need to present documentation to confirm your identity. This ensures that keeper name and address details provided at the time of registration are genuine, thereby preventing the fraudulent registration of vehicles.

The application forms
Name and address checks are required on all V55/4 and V55/5 applications to first register and license (tax) a vehicle.
V55/4 - application for a first licence for a new motor vehicle and declaration for registration - for use by individuals importing a new vehicle, kit cars etc
V55/5 - application for a first licence for a motor vehicle and declaration for registration - for use by individuals to register used vehicles, eg rebuilt

Identity documents required
To register and tax your vehicle using application forms V55/4 or V55/5 you must also provide, either your photocard driving licence or one original document which confirms your name and one original document which confirms your address.

Documentation confirming your name:

current DVLA paper driving licence
United Kingdom or European Union or foreign passport
marriage certificate
decree nisi or absolute
birth certificate

Documentation confirming your address:

utility bill valid within the last three months eg gas, electricity, water, landline telephone
bank or building society statement valid within the last three months
medical card
council tax bill for current year

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
tbone

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »

What you need to do to register
You will need to apply to register and licence the vehicle at a DVLA local office. The application form V55/4 or V55/5 should be accompanied by the following documentation:

appropriate identity documents confirming your name and address (as listed above)
a current certificate of motor insurance
the cost of the vehicle licence excise duty (car tax)
the first registration fee of £55.00, if appropriate. (See..http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/~/media/pdf/leaflets/inf54.ashx)
any documents you have relating to the vehicle
MOT if required
evidence of type approval, individual approval scheme (IVA), single vehicle approval (SVA), enhanced SVA or motorcycle SVA
declaration of newness (if applicable)

What happens next
The DVLA local office may wish to inspect the vehicle before allocating an appropriate vehicle registration mark. Your identity documentation will be returned to you with the vehicle tax disc. If you would like the documents returned by special delivery, you will need to provide a prepaid self addressed, special delivery envelope. The DVLA cannot guarantee the return of the documents by a specific date.

The DVLA will aim to deliver a new registration certificate to you within six weeks of applying at a DVLA local office. Please allow six weeks before contacting DVLA.

Further advice and information
For further advice and information about registering a vehicle, you should contact your nearest DVLA local office.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:24:17 PM by tbone » Logged

tbone

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 09:31:23 PM »

What is the Single Vehicle Approval scheme?
The Single Vehicle Approval (SVA) scheme is a pre-registration inspection for light goods vehicles that haven't been type approved to British or European standards. The purpose of the scheme is to ensure that these vehicles are designed and constructed to suitable safety standards before they are used on public roads.

Your vehicle will be subject to the SVA scheme if it is one of the following:
Commercial Import
Personal Import
Amateur Built Vehicle
Very Low Volume (VLV) Vehicles
A vehicle manufactured using parts from a previously registered vehicle
Hearse
Armoured Vehicle
Rebuilt Vehicle
Left Hand Drive Vehicle (imported)

Motorcycles, three-wheeled and light four-wheeled vehicles have to comply with European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECWVTA). Without this approval, vehicles can't be registered for use in Great Britain.

If a Certificate of Conformity to ECWVTA can't be produced then the vehicle will be subject to an MSVA examination before the first licence can be issued. If MSVA is not available the only route to registration in Britain would be full type approval. This is an expensive and time consuming process and would effectively bring a halt to the registration of non-ECWVTA vehicles like custom / bespoke vehicles, amateur builds and non-EEA imports

tbone

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 09:40:32 PM »

MSVA TEST STATIONS
NB Testing of 2 wheeled vehicles is only available at stations marked B. Testing of 3 and 4
wheeled vehicles is only available at stations marked T.
Aberdeen B/T - Cloverhill Road, Bridge of Don Industrial Estate, Aberdeen. AB23 8FE 01224
Beverley B/T - Oldbeck Road, off Grovehill Road, Beverley, North Humberside. HU17 0JG
01482 881522
Birmingham (Garretts Green) T - Garretts Green Industrial Estate, Birmingham. B33 0SS
0121 7836560
Birmingham B - Unit 10, Elmdon Trading Estate, Birmingham. B37 7HE 0121 7824389
Bristol (Avonmouth) B/T - Unit 10, IO Centre, Cabot Park, Avonmouth, Bristol. BS11 0QL
0117 9381157
Cardiff (Llantrisant) B/T - School Road, Miskin, Pontyclun. CF72 8YR 01443 224701
Carlisle B/T - Brunthill Road, Kingstown Industrial Estate, Carlisle, Cumbria. CA3 0EH 01228
Chelmsford B/T - Widford Industrial Estate, Chelmsford, Essex. CM1 3DR 01245 259341
Derby B/T- Curzon Lane, Alvaston, Derby. DE24 8XB 01332 571961
Exeter B/T - Grace Road, Marsh Barton Trading Estate, Exeter, Devon. EX2 8PU 01392
Gillingham B/T - Ambley Road, Gillingham, Kent. ME8 0SJ 01634 232541
Glasgow B/T - Crosshill Road, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow. G64 2QA 0141 7726321
Kidderminster B - Worcester Road, Kidderminster, Worcestershire. DY11 7RD 01562 745857
Leighton Buzzard B/T - Stanbridge Road, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. LU7 4QG 01525
Liverpool (Speke) B/T - South Liverpool Commercials, Woodend Avenue, Speke, Liverpool. L24
9NB 0151 4860050
London North (Edmonton) T Towpath Road (off Harbet Road), Lea Valley Trading Estate,
Edmonton. N18 3JR 0208 807 7803
London South (Mitcham) B/T - Redhouse Road, Croydon, Surrey. CR0 3AQ 0208 6841499
London West (Yeading) T - Cygnet Way, Willow Tree Lane, Yeading, Hayes, Middlesex. UB4
9BS 0208 8419205
Manchester North (Chadderton) B/T- Broadway Business Park, Broadgate, Chadderton,
Oldham. OL9 9XA 0161 9471000
Newcastle B/T - Sandy Lane, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne. NE3 5HB 0191 2365011
Norwich B/T - Jupiter Road, Hellesden, Norwich. NR6 6SS 01603 408128
Shrewsbury B/T - Unit 6, Levens Drive, Harlescott, Shrewsbury. SY1 3EG 01743 462621
Southampton (Northam) B/T - Unit R, Centurian Industrial Estate, Bitterne Road West,
Southampton. SO18 1UB 02380 837397
Taunton B/T - Taunton Trading Estate, Norton Fitzwarren, Taunton, Somerset. TA2 6RX
01823 282525
Watford B - Unit A, Caxton Court, Caxton Way, Watford. WD18 8RH 01923 814093

tbone

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 09:42:48 PM »

MSVA application form link....http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/Application%20for%20Ministers%20Approval%20Certificate%20for%20Vehicles%20(MSVA%201).pdf

Information on test fees......http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_10018282

Did you get all that now Rod?  Grin
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 11:13:40 PM by tbone » Logged

ROD

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »

Thanks TB ,thats just what Im after! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
 Will be 'phoning the DVLA on Monday.
ROD

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 06:45:55 AM »

Well heres where Ive got to with this.........................................zilch!
 You cant phone your local office direct,so 'phoned the dvla number (Wales I think) ,and phoned ,and phoned! Twice I was promised they would send the forms and they didnt. third time she said they would send forms ,then declined as apparently they are available from your local office! So I asks if the current office opening times on the website are correct"Dunno,you'll have to contact your local office" Can you give me the Chelmsford office number ,as it isnt listed on the site "No they cant be contacted by phone" Email addy then? "No they cant be contacted by e mail either" So how do I know if they will be open when I get there? "You'll have to go see"
  I was also told during these lengthy conversations ,after they went away "to ask someone" ,2 different sets of form numbers I need! What a load of B*****cks!
 S-o-o-o Im going to my local office (12 miles away and probably an arm and a leg to pay to park) soon ,armed with all paperwork I may need including all receipts and my I.D. (and a flask of tea) cos I can see this is gonna be a LONG queue waiting day!
tbone

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 07:07:22 AM »

I did say you need to use your local office in the first bit mate  Wink
And actually the second n third bits too  Grin
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:12:56 AM by tbone » Logged

ROD

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 09:03:28 AM »

Yes ,but I wanted the forms to fill in ,THEN go to my local office to sort it. Grin
ROD

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 07:22:04 PM »

Today I went to the DVLA Chelmsford.Wasnt able to complete much of the 2 forms I was given ,as they seemed to be generic ,covering other types of vehicles. Anyways the upshot of it all was I have to take the vehicle to them for inspection to get the VIN number.I asked to see a inspector to make sure he was aware what they were going to look at(had a pic) and that I wouldnt be turned away on some technicality . He  was happy with the 'photo and explained that he just wanted to see the vehicle,not worried about any legalities with the build (eg I have stripped the brakes etc !)Judging from Q's on the forms,I guess they want to check engine numbers etc.I have the orig log book from the Rialto ,so I'm hoping the eng number is the same as on the log book!
  I asked whether I could pay a fee to home visit,but apparently they dont at the Chelmsford office nowadays. I have booked it for a couple of weeks time. They had closer dates in the diary ,but I couldnt guarantee to find a trailer so quick.S-o-o-o..Ive found a local recovery firm to take it and me there,but because the DVLA only work weekdays it is going to be a proper days money and not on the side ,so to speak.So thats another dent in the budget,and another wait before I can progress further with the final strip down!
 The inspector did mention if I had any sort of hardship ,that I should write to the chief inspector. Altho' I've booked the transport,I may do this to try to get a home visit.What a palaver!
    Rod
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 07:51:52 PM »

There still seems to be variations in procedures from one office to another Rod. Taz & I made an appointment & went to our local DVLA office at Wimbledon, where we were issued with VIN numbers before we even started work on building the trikes!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:54:19 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »

well i rang our local dvla attrafford house chester road manchester and spoke to a number of very unhelpfull ,,numpty,s,,   i,m that fed up with them  that i may just ,scrap , my build Angry Angry Angry Angry

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

Don't you dare Mike!
Have a word with ByzMax. He seems the most experienced at putting trikes through the test. Trouble is a lot of these office guys just don't have any experience of one-off vehicle builds. You don't fit into one of their neat little boxes. Hang in there mate. It'll be worth it in the end.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Firery Fred

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2009, 07:06:23 PM »

Our local office came to us ,no fee  Cheesy

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
terry t

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »

Andy what forms did you fill in for your vin numbers. i am taking my forms to dvla tomorrow to change the tax class. and make an appointment for them to check that's it a bolt on. so i thought that i see how easy it is to get a vin number at the same time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: