May 12, 2024, 04:42:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Kit cars  (Read 9157 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 08:10:48 PM »

Posted for Brock:

A couple of quick shots of the curly one's Dutton Malaga B+ being prepped to go out tonight to Llandau (sp?) for a track day tomorrow. Running a Honda V6 with custom bell housing to mate to Ford T9 box. Triumph front end and Ford rear. It's wearing a quick coat of new paint after a rapid rebuild due to being rammed off of his drive by a couple of twats in a stolen 4X4.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »

Another posted for Brock:

This one is Steve's Dutton Phaeton S2, very heavily modified, same basic set up as Pauls but with Ford IRS and home built injection, also off tonight to the track

Terrortubby

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 08:05:04 AM »

Very nice indeed, I take it it's a V8 under the modded bonnet on Steves car?

I should have my trike out of the garage today and off to Wales.
Cash in my hand I'm off to see a lady about a S3 Phaeton with a slightly tatty body. No big hassle, I.m getting rather good with the old fibreglass and filler.

I am going to be hill climbing my car even if it's just to raise awareness of the NABD and disabled drivers and riders in motorsports.

Chaos, Panic. Disorder.my work here is done!

http://grumpygaz.blogspot.co.uk/
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »

Good on ya TT.
Great to hear you've found a new direction. You sound a lot more positive now.
Looking forward to seeing the new project!

brock

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 07:09:48 PM »

"I take it it's a V8 under the modded bonnet on Steves car?"

it's a 2.7 V6 Mate, Honda built, ex-827 Rover 
Terrortubby

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 06:51:24 AM »

"I take it it's a V8 under the modded bonnet on Steves car?"

it's a 2.7 V6 Mate, Honda built, ex-827 Rover 

Ta, both nice cars indeed.

Well them, the trike went to Wales yesterday, Wenders is wondering why I'm on a strop and it's smegging raining again.

I am going to be getting a tatty Dutton Phaeton S3 with both hard top and the normal rain gear. Now i know it's not a bike or a trike or even a quad but it'll have to do.

Sitting on a bike or trike is nigh on impossible for me now for more than 20 or 30 minutes without me winding up in a lot of pain.

The kit car is a way of retaining a modicum of independance and beeing able to get out and about with the camera. Getting to shows is becoming more important to me now that I do a bit of scribble for Brit Chopper and a few other places.

The car is going to be used as a bit of a toy and it's going to be driven up Harewood Hill with a modicum of skill, a large dollop of balls and a polite reminder to lady luck she owes me big time  Grin Wink

Terrortubby

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 03:27:16 PM »

My new toy.

Not a bike or trike but it still gets me out to play and do a bit of photography and scribble.

It won't be white for long, I have a cunning plan to do it black with yellow NABD stickers all over it.

harewood hiil climb is on my list of events to attend to promote the association and motorsports for disabled drivers or riders in general.

More piccys when it's home.

I feel somewhat ashamed I have to drive a car now and not ride but health wise this is the most sensible option.

Gary

davesatan

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »

i love it

how long is a piece of hope
tazet
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 05:21:03 PM »

I love it too and agree the white has to go  Grin
Terrortubby

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »

I love it too and agree the white has to go  Grin

So , if the white has to go what do you suggest O Tazzy one?

Suggestions on the forum to save postage on the cards Grin Wink

tazet
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 06:59:07 PM »

Grin anything other than white. Black is good but not a gloss black. Gotta be satin or matt as that looks behind MMM stickers  Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »

Got chatting to a couple at the Theale hotrod show on Saturday & they've since been in touch to tell me there's a Dutton type kit car in a scrapyard local to them. It's fitted with Triumph Herald front brakes, which is what I'm after for my Pop project. If it turns out to be a Dutton, are there any parts you need?
Oh, & I'd do it in something bright. Black's so last year you know -how about that bright orange they used on rally spec LandRovers a few years ago? Or the pearlescent orange used on limited edition Ford Focuses?

Terrortubby

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »

Got chatting to a couple at the Theale hotrod show on Saturday & they've since been in touch to tell me there's a Dutton type kit car in a scrapyard local to them. It's fitted with Triumph Herald front brakes, which is what I'm after for my Pop project. If it turns out to be a Dutton, are there any parts you need?
Oh, & I'd do it in something bright. Black's so last year you know -how about that bright orange they used on rally spec LandRovers a few years ago? Or the pearlescent orange used on limited edition Ford Focuses?

yes please Andy.
I need the front spoiler, like the bit attached to the botton of the bumper on Steves car, The one on mine is missing.
If i could get down I'd probably try and scavenge all the bits you didn't need.
Could you get a price on the spoiler for me though please. I could come down one weekend to collect it.
Probably as soon as the car has it's MOT and a few minor faults sorted.

It should be home later this week or early next at the latest.

Cheers a lot old chap.

Bright it's going to be methinks. i'll suggest the orange to the girls, they are well up for having a sports car an should have a bit of a say even if I ignore them.

More at it transpires.

Gary

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:55:46 PM by Terrortubby » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 04:12:19 PM »

True democracy -ask 'em what they want, then totally ignore 'em!  Grin

I'm told vehicles pass through this particular scrapyard pretty quickly so I'll try & get there before the end of the week. It's in Oxfordshire. If I manage to get there & the car's still there I'll take your mobile number & consult you.
Just posted Chevy Rick's photos from Motorcycleworld at Beaulieu at the weekend. I notice there's a BMW based trike among them painted in pearlescent orange!

davesatan

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 07:55:02 PM »

do it holgraphic flake

how long is a piece of hope
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: