May 12, 2024, 02:32:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Brit Chopper" magazine on sale.  (Read 9285 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 10:20:08 PM »

Not criticising your tome Wizz -& it is yours as far as I'm concerned, but maybe the time's right for a 21st equivalent of AWOL. BSH does what it does very well indeed -it's beautifully & informatively written, the feature bikes are well shot with plenty of variety, the presentation's well polished & most importantly it doesn't assume it's readership are illiterate. It also appeals to a broad audience -I know several who buy it regularly even though they've never ridden a bike in their lives, just because they like it's style. The apparent decline of 100%'s left a bit of a vacuum though & the trend for bobbers & rods & all things retro puts Brit Chopper in the right place at the right time to fill the need for an alternative -a basic, hands on, this-is-how-to-do-it, builders' mag, for those of us who enjoy the build as much as the final result. There's certainly some talented & knowledgable names on board.
While respecting your position as European leader, I think there's plenty of room for both of you & I wish the upstart well.
Still not sure about the name though. 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2006, 08:05:07 AM »

Don't know what the secret is, but if you look back, you'll find that AWoL did just as many 'showy' bikes pro rata as BSH, but guess it got perceived in a different way. Possibly because we didn't do studio shoots.

And before anyone says a word, BSH (over the same period of time) did a lot more rats than AWoL!

I'm sayimng nothing, me ear's still sore from the last bashing you gave me over that!!! Grin Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: