May 11, 2024, 05:15:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pony piccies.  (Read 5122 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 11:19:31 PM »

They all live with my sister and family in a tiny valley tucked away between Monmouth and Abergavenny.  When they bought it the cottage was a ruin with a tree growing out of the living room.

It's also actually where I had my accident tho the phot doesn't really show how steep it is - they had to bring a bale of straw to stop me rolling down the hill!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
tazet
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 07:43:38 AM »

And Gertie has 2 wheels. Yes Shetlands have a law of there own and they come in well behaved of evil. One of my ponies is about 24/25 ish years old and he still competes. He loves his job and hates being left out. Nice looking animals your sister has.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »

And Gertie has 2 wheels.
Hm, the phot was taken the day before my life-changing experience!

One of my ponies is about 24/25 ish years old and he still competes. He loves his job and hates being left out.
The old girl still teaches but Gillian doesn't drive any more, I think she stopped when they moved to Wales as the local lanes are very narrow and twisty.

Nice looking animals your sister has.
I should point out for the uninitiated that these phots were early October before they grew their winter coats.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
tazet
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »

Yes and mine are with full winter coats. They are right scruffy buggers at the moment and will take days to clean em up. I cheat a bit though. When they come in to start working ready for the driving season the first thing I do is give them a bath. Then leave them for 24hrs to dry as there coats are so thick. Then I shave them from head to toe and put loads of rugs on. This way it's easy to keep them clean and make my life easier when getting them fit as they dry quicker when they get swetty.
Nannyogg

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »

see Taz has put some weight on !!!!! lol
Ignore im Taz all that drawing with feltpens on his arms has agled his brain cell Grin
Nannyogg

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »

Well, it's vaguely horse-power related.
Been a gorgeous Spring-like day here today, so Taz & I had a stroll up the lane to say Hi to her ponies.
These are Taz's carriage driving ponies & in the Summer these guys actually win maximum points for presentation. They look a bit scruffy over the Winter though as their coats are allowed to grow while they're living out in the fields. For the Summer months they're clipped.
These are Welsh mountain ponies, between 13.1 & 13.3 hands high. Anything over 14.2 hands high is a horse.
Over 18 hands high it's a giraffe.

Flossy, Max, Juno & Foxy.
I like the pony that stands out from the crowd(facing the other way) bet she was a biker in another life!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
tazet
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 06:09:58 PM »

Thanks Rose and I do ignore them  Grin

The one looking away is Flossy and yes she probably was. She's a nightmare to catch and a cow with the vet. Very hard to work with this one as she definatley has her own agenda and thet is to do what I don't want her to do.
Nannyogg

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »

Thanks Rose and I do ignore them  Grin

The one looking away is Flossy and yes she probably was. She's a nightmare to catch and a cow with the vet. Very hard to work with this one as she definatley has her own agenda and thet is to do what I don't want her to do.
Stubbon as a mule eh!! xx
tazet
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 07:26:44 PM »

Yup you could say that.  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: