May 07, 2024, 01:17:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: keep your nuts tight  (Read 2155 times)
zakboy

« on: August 13, 2011, 05:53:26 PM »

Had my axle off last week to respray the calipers, axle, and have the paint shot blasted off the diff housing to have it polished back instead of repainting, put it all back together and bolted it back on to the trike bolted the wheels back on and put it back in the garage,decided to just pop out on it today to pick something up a trip of about 3 miles come back though cannock town center went round the main island on to a short duel carage way heading for the next island, i was in a bit of traffic so was traveling at slow speed then felt a lot of vibration from the rearend had a quick look round to my n/s wheel to see it leaning over was able to just nurse it on to a slip road to the left of me of where i was, got off the trike to see there was only one wheel nut left on the n/s wheel and as t touched the wheel that one fell off as well,i could of swore i had tightend them up when i had put them back on after replacing the axle last week but obviously i hadn't and i normally double check every thing, then when i checked the o/s they were coming loose to, at the time i felt a right pri-k but now i think about it it could have been major thing was all the wheel nuts that had fell of were with in a couple of feet of each other on the slip road,think i will be using lock tight as well from now on i don't think i will forget to double check again I'm so annoyed at my self.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:56:45 PM by zakboy » Logged

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
dobber

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 08:24:10 PM »

could have been fun that fella

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
Cabman77

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »

I was very tempted to do this   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin but thought better of it Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
zakboy

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »

could have been fun that fella
to true dobber

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »

Jeez, that was a lucky escape! Could've been so much worse.
You can never be too careful guys.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
nabsim

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 08:56:15 AM »

Better to have a fright when you stand looking at it after safely pulling over Zac. Could have been so much worse Wink

zakboy

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 10:50:07 AM »

your right nabsim,i realise now what i must have done,when i replaced the axle i had it jacked up to put the wheels on i must have nipped them both up on the jack, replaced the handbrake cables and one or two other things then removed the jack and just dint give the wheel nuts another thought and i am usually very care full i think i may up grade the wheel studs to some longer 12 mm studs.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:01:09 AM by zakboy » Logged

stumpy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 10:03:12 PM »

i check my nuts every night and quite a few careful inspection through out the day cant be to care full in fact i have been know to hop around over a mirror to get a proper look just to be certain ..... take care of ya nut zack!!!!!!! or is it a scrotum Huh na think i like net zack better.

stumpy can't voice his opinion here
andyrennison

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 11:47:55 PM »

My dad did this to my mum.  Going down Yorkshire street in Rochdale she lost a wheel and it passed her and rolled into Ivesons furniture shop, followed by her 3 wheeled J2 Bedford van mounting the pavement.

My brother Steve and me crept off to bed early for a few days after that I can tell you!.

Glad no harm was done zakboy

Medical experts say we should examine our nuts daily.  Myself I prefer to get that done by an expert nurse.  Anyone know an expert nurse who may be willing ?

Wheres me coat .............
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:49:54 PM by andyrennison » Logged

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »

Lucky escape me thinks.

Oh and don't loctite the wheel nuts!  you'll regret it!  Grin

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: