May 21, 2024, 05:57:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jap show finale  (Read 2975 times)
lunatic

« on: October 08, 2007, 09:26:38 AM »

Not what I would imagine to be to most peoples tastes on this 'ere board, but I thought I would put a few pics from sunday at Santa Pod up. It was the Jap show finale, which included rwyb all day, with demos from the fireforce jet car, drag bikes (not sure what class? about 7 sec qtr mile), jap cars with V8s and non jap cars with jap engines! It was also the finals of the HKS series drags. Off the strip there was Terry Grant doing his stunt demos, a drifting track, A mobile rolling road, show and shine and club displays, plenty to see!
I was impressed with santa pod this time! It seemed to have stepped up its facilities, with proper(ish) toilets, loads of catering and lots of newly concreted areas. And cheaper than Avon park this time.
And its not all sports cars either! The white pick up has a supra engine in it! And Mat is squatting under a lifted hi-lux!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 09:45:13 AM by lunatic » Logged
lunatic

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »

The trend with japanese cars seems to be big is better!
BIG wheels!
BIG turbos!
Big spoilers!
lunatic

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:39:33 AM »

Dunno how to get the writing between the pics! So from the top: Datsun 280 with blown big block, Vw beetle with 400 ish bhp Subaru wrx lump and a Toyota yaris with unknown turbo engine stuffed in the back!
lunatic

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 09:44:07 AM »

And finally, what I particularly like, 70s era jap cars. From the top, Mitsubishi colt sapporo, late 70s toyota and 70s Toyota Celica. The back is very much like a Mustang.
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 11:23:09 AM »

wow loads a bucks there Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 11:24:56 AM »

Interesting stuff there Loony.
Must admit I don't mind the cars, it's the owners I can't stand! That whole boyracer/hothatch/Too Fast Too Ridiculous thing doesn't do it for me, but can't fault the workmanship.
Got enough photos for a full gallery?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
lunatic

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »

Yeah got about 100 of them! Smiley The owners seem to have become very varied now. Not just young, chavvy kids. The japanese car scene is trying to distance itself from the boy racer scene. Most of the cars are not covered in bodykits and accessories, huge stereos were few and far between, the focus is now all on performance, whether its drag racing or track stuff. Only a few cars ran over 13s all day! Fastest ones down into the low 8s/high 7s! Shocked
Ill find a cd and dump the pics on it in a minute. Dad an I are both off work with colds at the moment! Angry
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »

We'll be in Basingstoke on Tuesday evening so could call by & collect it -that'll give you time to write the accompanying words!
Looks like too much dosh involved in those for the chavvy kids to afford. Smiley

lunatic

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 12:05:55 PM »

I will do my best! This will be the first creative writing ( rather than lists and invoices!) Ive done since college, so could be a challenge! But I will definately have the pics ready for you. What programme do you use for the wordy bits?
Definately a lot of money invested in the cars there. As the number plate says! Grin
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 12:36:45 PM »

hmm too true Loony Smiley them cars doing 7-8's !!! bet that was summut to watch,was there a night session, i just luv the flames Smiley burnt rubber smells lol, i once saw a car go offline and take out a spectator it was on tv crash program thing that looked horrific lol sorry i got a sick sense of humour Smiley

More metal than skin
lunatic

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 12:43:31 PM »

All the racing ended at about 5 ish, but the next meet is Flame and Thunder at the start of november. Lots of jet cars, quads, top fuellers, funny cars etc. Should be good if ya can stand the cold! The last run of the day was a skyline built just for the drags. Trying to get into the low 7s, he gave it some off the line, it gripped on one side and he shot off the line at a 45 degree andgle straight into the other lane. Lucky he was on the track on his own! Shocked
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 12:50:40 PM »

hehe its times like that when all i see is the time and money going down the drain and there ego as well sometimes Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

We use Microsoft Word.
Flap & I did the Flame & Thunder meet last year. Now that really was a chavvy get-together. There hundreds of 'em there. Took us several hours to escape the carpark afterwards.

lunatic

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 04:23:53 PM »

Last time I went to the flame and thunder I was still at school! I dont think chavs existed then! There was a pretty good queue on sunday, we sat and watched the last few runs of the day instead of queueing. Bug Jam is always one of the biggest jams to get out. took a good 5 or 6 hours to clear the site last time I went!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »

Photos here:

Jap show

Loony's been struck down with an unknown lurgi, so no words until he's better.
Get well soon Sir.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: