May 11, 2024, 08:19:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: saddles and gussets  (Read 4081 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 09:02:01 PM »

Low tech works for me!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
brock

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 09:15:03 PM »

post I meant to put up earlier would have said , how about drilling a hole and fitting a threaded insert into the tube top , check McGill's Motorsport for inserts ,  however I was briefly distracted by something and forgot to do it  Roll Eyes
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »

Dobber, you mentioned saddles for 1" tube....is that the nominal I/D? If so get some tube next size up which should be good fit over your 1", cut it to length then split in in half to make saddles then weld a tab onto one edge for drilling/tapping your fixing. Does that make sense?... it must because I understood it Smiley Roll Eyes

hi, any one know of, or can supply some curved gussets, also looking for solid steel saddles to sit on my 1 inch tube frame, [[ can get the pipe ones but not ideal]]
 curved to fit over the tube then about 5mm solid to a flat top which i can either drill through or tap out. want them to go where my seat base fits onto the tube frame.
    haven't got the equipment to grind a curve into the end of inch solid bar then a saw which will cut it straight enough and precisely the same as the next one
      can cut the gussets but cant get matching nice curves in them.
willing to pay the going rate if anyone can produce them

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: