May 17, 2024, 12:55:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 246520 times)
wizzkitt

« Reply #1095 on: November 08, 2011, 08:43:47 PM »

Kiss

bad man.

spanners

« Reply #1096 on: November 08, 2011, 08:52:34 PM »

BAD MAN,,,, you best not tell err indoors that  Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1097 on: November 08, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

Hiya Missy Wizzy  Wink
I take it you're on a flying visit back to Blighty then? Who'dve thought you'd become a fully fledged Stars n Striper!  Smiley
O.K, I always try to respect forum members' privacy, but just to clear up any confusion once & for all-
as top journo for the nation's biggest custom bike magazine, many readers just assume she's a fella, but I can confirm Blue is very definitely all woman. She's a damn fine wordsmith with an impressive line in scathing putdowns -take my advice & never enter into a battle of wits with her if you're unarmed. I'm pleased to say she's also a good friend. 
So there.
Nice motor by the way hon!  Grin
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:38:05 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
wizzkitt

« Reply #1098 on: November 08, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »

Aw, Mister Manky, thank you for those kind words! Much appreciated (especially the all woman bit!!  Grin Cheesy). Yes, back till Christmas, just in time for the short days and rainy weather. It'll be snow next...

She's a sweetheart isn't she? It sounds stupid, but I just got fed up with seeing so many '50s autos that I didn't want one anymore. And who would love a car that, every time you get in it, you can shout 'All aboard the Skylark!' I do it every time and it never gets old, especially as it's lost on the Yanks!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1099 on: November 08, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

Grin
The top line of that front wing -sorry, "fender", looks like it's concave, or is that just the monochrome playing tricks on my ol' eyes?
So what colour be she?
Just found this pic of a black & white Blue -before she was pink.

wizzkitt

« Reply #1100 on: November 08, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »

Good lord, Mr Manky, I'd forgotten about that picture!

The wing's straight, but the photo got cleaned up to take the house out of the background (still as secretive as ever!). And it has Arizona paint work!

spanners

« Reply #1101 on: November 08, 2011, 09:51:53 PM »

Hiya Missy Wizzy  Wink
I take it you're on a flying visit back to Blighty then? Who'dve thought you'd become a fully fledged Stars n Striper!  Smiley
O.K, I always try to respect forum members' privacy, but just to clear up any confusion once & for all-
as top journo for the nation's biggest custom bike magazine, many readers just assume she's a fella, but I can confirm Blue is very definitely all woman. She's a damn fine wordsmith with an impressive line in scathing putdowns -take my advice & never enter into a battle of wits with her if you're unarmed. I'm pleased to say she's also a good friend. 
So there.
Nice motor by the way hon!  Grin
[/quot

awwww andy you,,,you ,,you ,,well i dont, know  now you gonna let the cat outa tha bag,,, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

hey blue i,ll tell ,,cotch, i,v spoke to you ,,so to speak ,  now as they say in the good ole U.S OF A take care now  
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy ,lol,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
wizzkitt

« Reply #1102 on: November 08, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »

Wink

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1103 on: November 08, 2011, 10:09:18 PM »

Arizona paint? Sandblasted?

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #1104 on: November 09, 2011, 08:52:09 AM »

Nice Motor Blue.

I like the less obvious choice of vehicles. Some cracking motors and bikes for not a lot of money if your prepared to move away from the norm as you say

Good Piccy too!

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
wizzkitt

« Reply #1105 on: November 10, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »

Thanks Byz. She's a crackin' old girl.

And Manky, due to the combination of dust, sand and heat, paint doesn't last in the Grand Canyon state, especially not after 40+ years. The good thing is there's not an inch of rust on her.

panthershaun

« Reply #1106 on: November 10, 2011, 11:20:38 AM »

cool machine miss Blue, wish i lived somewhere warm  Cry Cry

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1107 on: December 12, 2012, 11:01:42 PM »

Well, if you haven't read it elsewhere on the forum, sadly Tanya & I are splitting up. We've been together 5 or 6 years now, but have just run out of steam. We lead totally seperate lives & really don't have much in common. Very amicable, but still a shame.
Which leaves us with the problem of the Charger.
Taz likes modern prestige performance cars, whereas I go for traditional hotrods. So the classic American muscle car was somewhere between the 2.
She's not that interested in it any more though & it's not something I would've bought for myself, so we need to sell it. Not easy in the current economic climate -who's going to buy a car that does 10 miles to the gallon if you drive it carefully, especially when it's in a million pieces. It's 17 feet long & 7 feet wide, so won't even fit in most garages. As I've bank rolled the build so far, I'll be taking the money for it -yours for 12 grand if you fancy it -so this morning Taz signed it over to me.
I now own a 1969 Dodge Charger I don't want & can't afford to build. What the hell am I going to do with it?!

spanners

« Reply #1108 on: December 12, 2012, 11:24:16 PM »

dont do anything with it untill the weather starts getting warmer and things start looking up again,, then it will look better and you will have had time to think thing through abit
if you can find some cheap or free strorage all the better,,

youve got a hell of alot of moneys worth there with a little bit more work ,,,,dont do anything too hasty,, just yet,,,

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1109 on: December 13, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »

I'd say spread the word that it might be for sale - you know the right places and people - cos you really really want to be driving the Pop and riding the XS!  Maybe you'll get an offer you can't refuse - surely that body must be worth a lot, it's almost completely new!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: