May 17, 2024, 10:02:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Jukebox Madness Show - Kempton Park Racecourse  (Read 6513 times)
Plainy Janie

« on: January 12, 2006, 05:49:16 PM »

CHECK THIS WEBSITE - http://www.jukeboxmadness.com

THE 2006 JUKEBOX MADNESS SHOW

Saturday and Sunday
4th and 5th November
10am till 5pm both days
Kempton Park Racecourse

Adults: £7.00
Kids: £3.50

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! - may I present to you the creme de la creme,  this for me has to be the most eagerly awaited event of the year.  The same as the Brighton Racecourse event, only this has been going for many years and is hugely (and I mean hugely!) popular.  I so look forward to this event - sheer 50s heaven.  Rockers, teddy boys, its all there.  Vintage clothing/jewellery, vintage furniture/ornaments, vintage transport (sometimes for sale as well), vintage music.  Two floors of everything you could possibly want to deck your home out in true 50s style - as I'm doing with mine.  Oddly enough they also sell Jukeboxes - better to take a wad of cash with you. 

OVERTIME HERE I COME!!!

Janie_postie

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:38:08 PM »

That's a new one on me. Wouldn't mind doing that myself. Sounds like Borgy's kinda thing too. I trust you'll be taking your digi camera along to report for us?  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Borgy

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 08:54:43 PM »

Is there on site camping or anything ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 08:56:49 PM »

Don't know mate. Have to wait for young Janie to come back & tell us. You still up for the Rockers' Reunion bash next weekend?

Borgy

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 09:06:38 PM »

No mate was going to tell you, can't get there for just the weekend , because of the train times and stuff I'd have to go Thursday and come back Monday. So it's off but hopefully the van will be sorted for the next one and I can use that to crash in or at least move on to another spot and make a week of it and have a slow journey back via some other places.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 09:16:56 PM »

Aww, that's a shame Borgy. Was looking forward to meeting up. Will still try to get along myself, hopefully with Rainbow, so will post a report for you.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 10:58:13 PM »

November!  Can't plan for November - only got my shift pattern up till end of June ATM - and they're talking about changing it anyway!

So-and-so s did this to us before, made planning very difficult - then they left the pattern the same in the end!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 11:02:40 AM »

My shifts don't change but we have to book our holidays a year in advance. Got no idea what I'll be doing this time next year!

Plainy Janie

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 08:55:56 PM »

Hi Borgy,

No onsite camping I'm afraid mate, but looking at the piccie andy sent me of you in your drapes, this would be a great day for you.  Loads of people dress up in drapes and creepers, the comb in the back pocket for keeping the hair in place.  Pretty girls in ankle length dresses not the wide belts that cover your knickers the kids wear today.

Janie_postie

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 08:59:40 PM »

I've already put it on my "Definite" list!
Will you, Dave & Jacko be at the Rockers' reunion bash Janie? How were the shirts by the way?

Plainy Janie

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 09:07:12 PM »

The shirts are great.  I've taken some great piccies.  Me wearing my red one at work.  Mum and dad came round Boxing Day and Jacko was wearing his - we had a MMM shirt day.  LOL.  I was going to set up a new posting titled "where do you wear yours", a bit like the creme egg adverts (how do you eat yours)

Janie_postie

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 09:21:05 PM »

Grin
I like the sound of that! Hoping to visit Yoda in his huge gothic castle lair just outside Birmingham at the end of the month. He's going to, (try), to teach me how to set up a web page on this 'ere site, using the Merchandise stuff as an example. Took some shots of my brother in the shirts with his race car recently, but my little digi camera is hopeless for indoor stuff, so more contributions would be great. If you start a new thread in the forum we can hopefully lift them from there at a later date & mix 'em all up on a Merchandise page. Would be nice to show the full spectrum of Monkies -bikers, trikers & ..carrers! Just got to take a few mugshots now -as in shots of the MMMotors mugs!
Must confess my own shirts are still in their bags at the moment! Not for long though. Got one of each design so will try & wear one or another to each show I go to this year! 

Borgy

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 09:24:14 PM »

Hi Borgy,

No onsite camping I'm afraid mate, but looking at the piccie andy sent me of you in your drapes, this would be a great day for you.  Loads of people dress up in drapes and creepers, the comb in the back pocket for keeping the hair in place.  Pretty girls in ankle length dresses not the wide belts that cover your knickers the kids wear today.

Janie_postie

Thats a shame, where do they expect people to sleep then, is there local B&B and such ?
Plainy Janie

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 09:26:26 PM »

Where are you coming from. 

Janie_postie

Borgy

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 09:33:16 PM »

Aberystwyth
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: