May 03, 2024, 03:08:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Rod Hayride  (Read 5708 times)
panthershaun

« on: August 10, 2007, 09:01:31 PM »

Off to the Hayride tomorrow, got a ride in Ratty's old Hotrod on the cruise. Should be fun Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Will put up pics asap Grin Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 11:19:30 PM »

You git. You lucky, lucky git.  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Plainy Janie

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 08:33:07 AM »

Its such a shame they don't have a day for the public.  Cry

Just because we haven't got a hot rod, (or even afford one), doesn't mean to say we don't like them.  Saw a robin reliant van for sale, one owner from new, £425, just down the road from us.  When I told my mum, I wanted to buy it and hot rod it, she laughed out loud - then turned round and said I should!

Then Jacko said it should be matt black with flames coming up from the wheel arches, I suggested roof chopping it?  I can't believe my family is encouraging me!!! Roll Eyes

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 09:44:56 AM »

I used to commute between Newbury & Reading along the A4 each day & there was a flamed Reliant sat outside a house I passed every morning. Wonder what happened to it.  God, I've just realised that was nearly 30 years ago! Maybe that sowed the seeds of my current Reliant leanings!

panthershaun

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 09:52:20 AM »

the show was chuffing excellent, yes it is a shame its a closed event Janie but that just adds to the feel of it being a "Family" get together. Its all about the cars and the music and having fun.
The cruise out went to the Tongham raceway near Alton, and to see Jim Turnbull ragging his flathead roadster around the circuit (this car is the worlds fastest road going flathead)  Shocked Shocked Shocked also wee Davie wrecking his modified on the dirt Grin Grin Grin.

And who was the Reliant rider we passed on the A31 (I think Huh)

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 10:02:27 AM »

Wasn't me  Sad
Damn, I've got to get something on the road this year surely!
Sounds like one for the diary next year then. My Pop'll be better than yours!

panthershaun

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 06:08:50 PM »

the trike was Purple and 2 up.
Janie, thinking about it there isn't much for the public to see. The cars arrive on Friday and are off on the run Sat and then leave for home Sun so the public would be left with an empty show field and a sea of tents to look at Grin.
I have to say I have found my niche, old style Hotrods and bikes in an informal setting. I will be there next year with the Pop or Bobcat or both for the weekend. Great bunch of gearheads with one thing in common, keeping the old style alive. No attitude or prejudice just come along and have a blast Grin Grin Grin
Manky you could get a weekend ticket and go home at night if you don't fancy a tent Roll Eyes but the run out is the best fun I've had in ages. I know you are not a forum visitor but thanks Ratty Grin Grin Grin Kiss.
I think I will be needing a clear out of my garage as I have plans for a flathead V8 roadster forming in my head Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes just like this

Plainy Janie

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 06:51:30 PM »

I understand what you're saying Panthershaun.  I would have enjoyed the get together you guys have on Saturday night though.  Plus I know a lot of people with hot rods.   After all, it is the old style lifestyle that Dave and I live.  We have our own 50s museum right here at home.  We don't just dress up for the odd car/bike event, we dress like this all the time.  I even have my hair up in a pony tail with a quiff fringe at work on my delivery!

Anyway, so long as you had a great time, thats the main thing.  I just hope there's some piccies to drawl over.  Grin

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
panthershaun

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 07:00:48 PM »

It was my first one but will not be the last Grin Grin I was lucky and got in on a press pass for the day but want to go for the weekend next year. Anyway you and Dave would be most welcome I'm sure as you use an old Ford as everyday transport, live the life and thats what its all about.
As for Hotrod reliants

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »

Mr Saunders' Reliant?
Of course, if you want to go to a members only rod meet, the easiest way would be to become a  member wouldn't it? I don't belong to the NSRA, (National Street Rod Association), but will join once the Pop's underway. Their website forum's open to non members

http://www.nsra.org.uk/

& they seem a friendly, helpful bunch. A wealth of experience there to draw on.
I know your pics are probably destined for BritChopper Shaun, but if you can spare a few, would be nice to add them to the site.

panthershaun

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »

I will pick some out for you Andy.

panthershaun

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 07:28:16 PM »

check this link out Wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNcJfSajrb8  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:35:55 PM by panthershaun » Logged

panthershaun

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 07:46:16 PM »

just found this as well  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-05p_2tQsY

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 08:06:43 PM »

Loved that first one! great music too.
Definitely gotta have the Pops on the road for that next year!  Cool

panthershaun

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 08:14:06 PM »

I have also got around 40mins video footage of the racing which I'm having put on a disc as we speak and as I was standing under the loud speaker should have a cool though very disjointed sound track  Roll Eyes plus it will have footage of a dirt tracking Panther chop on it  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:39:30 PM by panthershaun » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: