May 14, 2024, 04:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: guzzi gasket  (Read 1697 times)
kevsky

« on: November 15, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »

Have just acquired a guzzi 750 trike and on the way home after about 20 miles of gentle plodding at around 40 to 50 mph got on a bit of dual carriage way and opened her up to 70 ,40 to 70 in the blink of an eye ,very impressed ,what I wasn't impressed with was the  plume of blue smoke behind me ,looked down and saw that the engine was covered in oil , good job we had the trusty towatrike with us
anyway it turned out that she'd blown the nearside headgasket so on to gutsybits and 3 days later said gasket arrived but when it came to fitting everything lined up apart from the main bore hole which was massively under sized , seemed I'd ordered the one for 1 350 DOH!!
So back to gutsybits and 3 days later gasket arrived ,main bore fitted but cutouts are way different

reality sucks thank god for religion
kevsky

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »

Now here's a question for all you technical minded people out there would it be possible to cut out the bits on the new gasket and lay in some hermitite on the faces where the gasket is missing
have been in touch with gutsybits and they said it was the only type of gasket they but could get a part from guzzi themselves but it take about 3 weeks and it may be the same pattern ,but can't wait another 3 weeks as the earache I'm getting off Mrs K (quite justifiably ) is getting unbearable
So any advise would be greatfully received

Olds

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:44:57 PM »

That might not be a good idea, depending on the cut outs in the head/ barrel. While I have not dealt with them myself Bitz for bikes will probably have what the one you need. Usually faster to give a call than use Evilbay
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bitzforbikes?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 09:27:22 PM »

Maybe send them a photo before ordering though?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
kevsky

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 07:28:56 AM »

cheers old newbie seems that they have just what I need
looks like I'm off the road for another week and will have to endure the earache for a while

Olds

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 07:37:52 AM »

Smiley Like I said try giving them a call. They are open on a Sat, they may get it in the post today.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:47:10 AM by Old Newbie » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: